Quick Request for Opinions

A customer left me a review a couple days ago and included an image, so I am now using said image in a listing for a matched furniture set. My one concern is that the image isn't of the highest resolution, and isn't in perfect focus. I have it currently set as the primary image on the listing since it is the only image that includes both pieces:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/671266266/matched-set-walnut-bench-and-coat-rack

I personally think it looks okay, and it is nice to have a picture of both pieces in use, as they were made and shipped at different times so I couldn't get my own pictures of them together.

Do you guys think I should leave it as the primary image since it is the only picture of both together, or should I move it to a different image slot?

Thanks!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
15 Replies
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Re: Quick Request for Opinions

It looks O.K.. But can you maybe crop out some of the left side of the kitchen? It's a little distracting.

0 Likes

I'll consider it. Thanks!

0 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

I did a search to see how it holds up against other listings that come up but it didn't load.  The single piece photo was still there.  (I also see where you posted that in bugs.)  I think it might be easier to decide after it "kicks in."  That way you can see how it might get cropped in search and how customers will actually see it.  Otherwise it's a great lifestyle photo. :-)

0 Likes
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Finally kicked in!

0 Likes

There is one question. Did you get permission from the buyer to use her photo? That is most important due to the fact the photo belongs to her.  I use  buyer's photos all the time but I make absolutely sure to get their permission in a convo and keep the convo for my records. I thinkit is great to show the item in actual use.

1 Like

It doesn't help the image quality (that can't really be changed), but here's an option with a little more wall and a little less distracting kitchen.   

I DO think the pic of both is a good idea as the first picture, as it gives people an idea exactly what they're getting from the start. 

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Looks good !

1 Like

Hmmm...I kinda like that...I'll save it and keep it in mind for a possible change. Thanks!

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Oro- your creations are  beautiful. Nice work.  :)

0 Likes

Danke!

0 Likes
BlingAndBijou
Conversation Maker

I agree with PurplePuppy - make sure you get permission from the person who posted it. Sounds like a small thing, since that person posted it in the first place, but it is still a legal thing. But, to answer your question - maybe it is too late tonight, but it looks great to me.

0 Likes

changed my mind..............

0 Likes

Personally, I like the second photo, because it it more eye catching. While I would include the customer photo (with permission) later in the listing I don’t think it visually “pops” enough to get that first click. I don’t think it looks professional enough for a first photo... just my opinion. ( Shoe cubby rack too dark/ door handle/ breaker box/clutter is distracting, etc) I’d include it later, and put in your listing somewhere: photo number —— is a client photo shown for scale, or something to that effect. 

It just doesn’t show your lovely work the way it should as a first photo IMHO.

1 Like

Perhaps consider to clean the left side of the bottom piece. The architrave is still quite visible and points more towards a cropped/edited/shopped image.

0 Likes

I appreciate the feedback!

Are you referring to the reflection of the baseboard, wall, and floor in the current first image? If so, I can't justify spending that much time editing any image -- removing that reflection without ruining the grain patterns and whatnot would be very difficult and time-consuming.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.