Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

New forums .....I who am the hardest person to please

I have found something I actually like on here. And that is I can search for a seller and find where they've posted.

Ta for that. Useful.

So if anyone can find one thing they like, it may help me cope with the rest of this spaghetti bowl, of "forums"

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
12 Replies

Re: New forums .....I who am the hardest person to please

@Teddyrose54....I am still looking for something.  I do not like the numbers that say someone has responded or added to a conversation and then I cannot find out who, why, where. I could be dense but I do not think so.....I will let you know in the future.

0 Likes
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

I like your positive attitude. Keep hunting. I'm sure there may be something. Perhaps the colour scheme?

0 Likes

I lik the feature where you can direct your reply to someone. Hopefully there will be more things to like as the updates are brought in.

0 Likes

I like that you can like and reply directly to a comment.

I don't like the "creative process" forum. I browse but just wonder how many people are going to lurk to steal ideas or get information to remake items. I'm paranoid maybe and did respond once to one but that's because it's not a very detailed item and still in the works. I rethought it immediately and they still don't give an option to delete a comment.

0 Likes

We now have up to an hour to edit a post and I believe we can delete it during that time as well.
2 Likes

I like the fact they fixed the text and made it darker. Oh..and being able to post giphs.

2 Likes
JudyStalus
Conversation Maker

Thats one of the things I dislike most...the new profile page with everything I post....the total end of privacy. 

1 Like

I want to be positive.  Clearly hard work went into this project.  But I would have been satisfied with something much, much simpler.  Whats good about it...they tried..hows that?

1 Like

I find the new Forums cold & impersonal. Feels more like a voluminous cavern than a friendly neighborhood locale.

And yes, am sure a ton of effort went into this revamp. Yet.....search still desperately needs help imo. I just was at the home page, clicked on vintage, then did a search for myself - "garden tools". I get a return of 403,014 items. I am no longer in Vintage, but "Item Type - All Items". If you're a newbie you might not scroll down to re-check the "vintage box", after all, you did start in Vintage, didn't you(?) And if you're familiar with search, you know to type in "vintage garden tool" and then go down thru all the sub-sections to finally get to Tools. Yet the other "e" site lets me stay in Antique, Collectibles; All Catergories with my simple search term yields me 99.9% stuff I want to see.

1 Like

No minimum characters for responses!  I find myself still hitting the space bar, out of habit!  LOL!

4 Likes

I like being able to edit my posts without a 60 second limit.

0 Likes

The like button is good, longer edit time, @Former_Member I like and that's about it.

I still miss the old forums, I think simpler, user friendly is important for forums.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.