Friday afternoon...just wondering if

anyone has a fun weekend planned or just the same old/same old?  Two snow storms coming, so just working around the house, moving things to get ready for new carpet.  Nothing to write home about, but who knows....fun can be found anywhere if you are looking.  Great weekend everyone.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
22 Replies

Re: Friday afternoon...just wondering if

Wow.....things have sure changed around here......gone are the fun conversations, the sharing of our plans, the fun stories.....sigh....still wishing everyone a great weekend.

1 Like
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

Hi Nina.  That's true.  Things are much slower in conversations now.  As for my weekend, it's the same old stuff.  I have some orders to fill but I think I have the same two storms coming this weekend as you do.  That means I'll be sticking close to home.  You have a great weekend too!

Gerri :-)

1 Like

@GielDesigns   Hi, just saw that you are in New York, so probably the same storms.   THANKS for the reply, sure do miss the quick replies and fun conversations.....I think a lot of the "regulars"no longer show up understandibly.  Well, let's both just stay comfy and cozy and watch the snow from our windows.  Nice weekend to you.

2 Likes

Happy Friday, I spend so much time trying to find places I have posted that by the time I get there I am to tired to post!  I'm in NY also waiting for the weekend snow.  Had a Dr. appointment a few day's ago and she hollored at me that I am not walking enough, I am disabled and need to walk daily ????Every road around me starting as I walk out my front door has been a sheet of ice for weeks.  I can't walk straight on dry ground LOL.  Oh well, enjoy the weekend everyone!

1 Like

@SerenityCollections   I totally understand the ice....my neighbor, who is also not 21 anymore, fell in his driveway and broke his ribs, so be careful and remind the doctor of where you live, or just holler back at her.....LOL.  Happy weekend and thanks for the response.

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Hi everyone . Yikes! snow! I don't like snow. Be careful out there.

Serenity- forget what your Dr. said. You could always walk in place if you feel pressured  to exercise ?

In the warm comfort of your home while  watching your fav T.V. show.  :D

Went out to dinner last night cause the power was out at my place.

Was the local eatery just down the street . Delish! Chicken marsala with farm fresh veggies.

Going out again tonight with a friend. Pasta and wine . Can't wait.

This is a big week for me cause I normally never go out to eat.

0 Likes

@Lionfishvintage   Sounds yummy,,,,,what a fun time.  I will try and cook something fun while we watch the snow, or as I watch hubby shovel....does that count?

1 Like
GielDesigns
Conversation Maker

@Lionfishvintage  Hi Lionfish.  I hope your power is back or comes back soon.  It's such a pain when that happens.  Enjoy that pasta and wine! :-)

1 Like
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Nina! you're funny! Hey as long as someone else shovels, right?

0 Likes

@Lionfishvintage   i have no problem cooking while I watch someone else shovel.......heck, I will even make the most complicated meal as long as I am warm and comfy inside.....plus I need the keep the wine chilled....who else is going to do that?

2 Likes

Son brought home a very skinny puppy that wandered into his shop.  Poor thing was so appreciative of the clean bead, water, and food.  My 130 lb husky lab is so excited to have a little brother.  They play until they literally drop to the floor in exhaustion.  Vet says he looks good, checked for a chip...not one...and shots will start on Monday.  We'll have fun getting a bed and toys, and just playing with these two!  My kind of weekend!

4 Likes

Aww- that sounds wonderful! The difference between one and two dogs is huge, right? So self-entertained. Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your new boy :) We have 3 big dogs at the moment... that's another completely different dynamic.

2 Likes

I'll be catching up on some sewing, and I'm sure we'll have some good meals - my Husband likes to do the shopping, and brings home whatever looks the best this week!

Snow expected tonight, and I think on Sunday too.  Glad to be safe and warm - last Sunday there was a 131-car pileup in Wisconsin, with over 70 injured, one died.  Did you see it on the news?  Wow, the wreckage just went on and on.  So sad!

Stay snuggly, my friends!!

2 Likes

Sewing and eating   good food sounds perfect to me...stay warm and snuggly also.

0 Likes

No, I Did  not see that on the news. Way beyond sad.......hubby is on the road a lot and I am always grateful that he has been safe.....

0 Likes
Lionfishvintage
Conversation Maker

Kathi/ PillowDetails

-Say what??? 131 cars? Holy c**p. That's horrible.

0 Likes

@shirley26298   What a nice story....the two dogs playing until they drop warms my heart....that is one happy, grateful puppy....good for you.  Glad that the vet says he is okay.  Perfect weekend in my opinion, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

I don't have much planned for this weekend. I will probably go to a local trustee's fundraiser tomorrow with my husband. Snow predicted, then frigid temps again. I am so ready for spring!!! 

2 Likes

Yes, please, Spring! We didn't even have snow until mid January, but the RAIN that came during this Winter has thick ice under everything. 

1 Like

@ElizabethRosenArt  We have also had freezing rain and ice this year. That's worse than snow! My husband fell spreading salt, was bruised but ok. Spring really can't come soon enough for many of us.

0 Likes

Agree 100% @BeadArtistrybyMarian it lurks below and worries me. So glad your husband is ok! You can't mess around with ice. Have never experienced pouring down rain rain rain in Winter before. Where are you? I am in Upstate NY.

0 Likes

@ElizabethRosenArt  I am just west of Chicago. Stay warm this weekend!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.