Anyone in a creative slump lately?  I am not sure if it is just because it is winter or what, but I cannot seem to get motivated lately.  I listed one new item the other and that in itself almost seemed like a chore.  I am sure it will pass, just wondering is anyone is sharing the same boat...if so, we can share the rowing

Re: Creative slump?

haha. been there. The joke around here is..if I leave the dishes, someone will come..every darn time. I have a lot of my visits with my hands in the sink lol.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

@MysticCircleStudio  A dishwasher solves that for me....if it fits in there, that is where it goes.  Thanks for visiting my shop also and the compliment.  Have a fun, organized night, just in case someone shows up!!!!

0 Likes

My creative flow definitely feels diminished right now. I think it's partly a factor of the poor weather, and also of these short days we're still experiencing (even though we already have almost 2 hours of additional sunlight relative to Winter Solstice). Low views are also contributing to my current mentality. I've made a number of new jewelry pieces, but I'm not creating as much as I usually do. I'm not really listing new items here on Etsy either; the plan was to bring the majority of these pieces to local sales events.

It usually helps me to spend time in nature or even just out of the house. That hasn't been as viable these days because of the cold + snow. When I can't really get out for leisure, I try to still take the opportunity to stargaze... I have a good view of the night sky in two directions from my living room and kitchen windows. I've been gravitating to a lot of music to help my creative flow, and also watching documentaries on different topics of intrigue & places around the world to which I feel drawn. Generally taking the time to focus on things I love has always helped boost my overall motivation & creativity.

0 Likes

@philosophiacreations  WOW, it sounds like you have a good plan to combat the blahs....enjoy the stars, spring is going to eventually come and we all feel better.

1 Like

I was sick for 2 weeks over Christmas. I missed all the festivities and didn't spend much time with my out of state kids who were in town because I didn't want them to get sick. So depressing! Since then between the short days and horrible weather I just haven't had the desire to do much. It's time to get refocused and re energized!

0 Likes

@BeadArtistrybyMarian Hope that you are feeling better now and getting re-energized and focused is on the way.

0 Likes

I do my absolute best to avoid touching and messing with my fabic (outside of dying it since it'll be washed) while I'm sick and I've literally spent half of 2019 sick thus far.

I'm also working on adjusting to new thyroid medication (she decided to test me on 100mgs and switched me to Synthroid since Levothyroxin hasn't been working and since apparently there can be gluten in Levo). I'm feeling better since starting Synthroid but still not top of my game.

My craft room also seems to be the coldest room in the house, so once it starts warming up, I'm planning on getting back in and working some more. It's not so much I'm in a creative slump, I'm in a motivation slump due to being sick.

0 Likes

I think we all get into a creative slump sometimes. Lately for me it's been too many ideas, not being able to decide what project to work on and wanting to get them all done at once (I almost long for a slump right now!)

You'll get your inspiration back soon, it never seems to take long to get back into it! :)

0 Likes

I'm more in a motivation slump? I have like 20 new things to list and I'm struggling with the idea of photographing/editing them all, THEN uploading them. I need to shake off this ennui!

0 Likes

@NgetalChildStudios Hope you lose the ennui soon,cute shop

1 Like

Thanks Happy! You are too kind. ☺️ I'm going to try to upload at least 5 this next week. Maybe more!

0 Likes

I've got so many new dresses I want to make, but the good reason they haven't been made is that I keep getting orders!!! January was the best month ever as far as orders, and I've already had 2 in February. I've made half as much revenue in 2019 as I did in all of 2018. I am so thankful the Lord keeps giving me these, especially as I haven't been doing my other jobs this year due to numerous things.

I should be working on another order tonight, but I think I'm coming down with a stomach bug, so it's early bed for me. Maybe tomorrow night.

Hope you get your creative juices flowing again soon!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.