Former_Member

I miss everyone, only see a few sellers from the old forums.

Never wanted to join a team, no offense to anyone in Teams, just not a great social butterfly,

liked to just drop in from time to time in a disscusion ( need spell check LOL) or chat that interested me.

Thank you for letting me join here, maybe more of the old gang will find their way here.

Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

Re: Calling all the old chatters from chit chat where are you??????

Jump to solution

@Former_Member I knit and crochet, so any sales I normally buy a lot. Like you, it's the only time I'm sitting still.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks! I get a lot of trouble with replying and posting, and the last couple of days it won't even let me sign in, but I do occasionally stop by and lurk :)

1 Like

Jump to solution

Not a superbowl fan here, but hoping that everyone who is enjoys the games, although it sounds to me like the food treats may be the highlights.  I will making chicken quesadias tonight and not doing much else.  Went into my work room,looked around and decided "nah", crossword puzzles or a sappy movie sounds better.  Now if I were to make a sale today, I might change my mind, but I am not holding my breath, just chilling!!

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hey HappyBoxing, I'm not into sports either, just all that food everyone is having sounds very good.

I can't get going today either, should be sewing but I'm not. Spent all of last night working on my sewing table,

seems I'm more motivated to spruce up my sewing space than sewing the things I should to sell.

I have to be in the right mood or I just don't get it done.

Enjoy your day how ever you spend it. : )

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Former_Member  So far spent the morning doing errands......like locking in a very good carpet deal at Lowes, had to buy cat food for my little guy and now obviously I am in the forums.  I think there will be walk later as there is a strange color to the sky......it is BLUE and shiny!!!  Haven't seen that for awhile, so I had to Google what it was...LOL....sunshine, who knew?  After the extreme cold of last week, it is a treat.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

weather here has been down right depressing the last couple of weeks, cold and no sun, and this is the sunshine state LOL

lots of rain last weekend, was suppose to be the same this weekend but didn't happen. Still even without the rain. not a lot of sunshine,

hoping for a better week this week. I'm afraid I have lived here to long, I'm addicted to the sunshine.

0 Likes
mistycat1234
Community Curator

Jump to solution
This is by far my favorite thread in the new forums! I love you guys!
0 Likes

Jump to solution

@mistycat1234 Glad you like it here....keep coming back, you never know what we will talk about next and feel free to chat about anything you like....we are a friendly bunch

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am a bit lost myself.  I have very few days lately that I feel like creating and when the feeling hits I can't because my great granddaughter is home.  She is 3 and if I am beading she would have my beads everywhere, if I am claying she would be trying to grab sharp tools.  I don't have any where that I can get away from her and by the time she goes to bed I am close to ready to shut my eyes myself so I spend more time just watching utube videos for either beading or claying and get nothing done.  That's okay she will get older or her and her mom will find a way to get their own place eventually and I can get back to work.  In the mean time everybody's menus sound amazing!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi serenity, I know what you mean, I sew all the things I sell , and my sewing space is in my bedroom,

well I watch 2 little ones mon-fri day time, so can't work while their here, and like you by night time I'm spent.

So I realized one day that I use to crochet, and thought I can do that while I watch them, so I have a new item to list and sell now,

neck scarves. Whether they will sell I don't know, but atleast I can get something done. : )

1 Like
mistycat1234
Community Curator

Jump to solution
SerenityCollections, welcome, honey. I remember the terrible threes, from the first batch. You deserve a pure medal for having not only children, but grand children, and great grand children. Your progeny will revere you and remember your kindness forever. Your rock! Is there a door you can shut, or boundaries you can establish with washi tape, or a line of stuffed animals, that tell the 3 year old that there is a prize (a sticker, a song you sing to her, half a cookie, 2 ounces of juice, a 10 minute reading at bedtime), (or something else she likes) that can give you a few hours to create? Many blessings, you have earned them.
1 Like

Jump to solution

Hi All!

Nice to see all the familiar avis and a few new ones.  Getting ready to graze on junk food for dinner, super bowl and all. I'm not a fb fan but my husband's a Pats fan so he's cooking. 

I've had a few nice sales this week, to my surprise. I just finished downsizing a box to save $15 in shipping. So much fun!

I put a listing fire under my butt. I've stayed away from the new forums and it's kinda kept the fire going. Also getting back into ebay for the quick nickel. *cringes*

Wishing you all many big etsy sales!

p.s. Great thread!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you Bubby's Daughter, welcome nice to meet you : )

0 Likes
mistycat1234
Community Curator

Jump to solution
Welcome Bubby'sDaughter - we had homemade wings and potato skins for dinner - I've been listing like crazy since the new forums - the friends are here now, which I so appreciate! Etsians will always find a way to connect. If y'all are looking for a cool chat team on facebook, a bunch of us are here too: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2232587886962486/ But this one is very very cool and I plan to stay here much of the time too.
1 Like
Teddyrose54
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Good morning. No frost today, just a drizzle of rain. No excuse now not to go outside and hunt out those treasures I need for my shop. Dogs still hugging the blankets. So I guess they don't agree.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

still very dreary here in the sunshine state, warmer but still no sunshine : (

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It’s been raining on and off in sunny Southern California for the past several days. I’m not complaining, because we really need it! But it does interfere with my photography for listing. I do have photo lights, but it’s no substitution for natural light... so I wait for a break in the clouds. :) 🌦

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Well finally a sale today, unfortunitly not on etsy, but a sale is a sale!!!!!

And as a bonus the sun actually shined today in the sunshine state, it has been an absolute

gorgeous day. Mid 70's and sunshine, I'm pumped even with only 2 hours sleep last night.

Started another neck scarf yesterday, so hope to list that this weekend.

I feel like the forums and teams are struggling to stay a live, so many are stagnant, I think

Etsy better rethink this change, any thoughts on that from anyone else? Hope everyone else is having a great day!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Former_Member  i agree that we are struggling here even with this team....there used to be new conversations ongoing all day, and now most of us only show up once in awhile,myself included.  I guess it is good that we have this, but sigh, just not the same. We need to shake things up a bit right here and find more fun!!!  Have a fun night everyone.

0 Likes
mistycat1234
Community Curator

Jump to solution
Etsy no doubt has spent money and signed contracts, and conducted staff training (ahem), so they are fully invested in this change. I would not expect anything to change anytime soon, regardless of the angst felt by its users. Wishing everyone a Happy Chinese New Year - the year of the PIG!
0 Likes
lowe40
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

I used to post in discussions a lot, & another one & in chit chat, but not as often. 

I agree this is nothing like the old forums & from what I’ve read I think in the worlds largest team that the company doing the forums now is very “rule oriented” & bleep words like b r e a s t even if you’re referring to chicken or cancer, or other words,  like a specific nickname for Richard, or even t I t mouse, which is a bird for heavens sake!

i definitely don’t spend as much time here as I used to. 

0 Likes
mistycat1234
Community Curator

Jump to solution
Hi. lowe40 - I see a new word game forming here - how many ways can you say _ork without getting "bleeped." Best Wishes.
1 Like
Abbeyoaks
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Part of the problem is I can only post when I'm on Internet Explorer, which I try to switch to once a day for coming in here, but I can't work on other things in my shop while on it or I just get errors or double posted listings. I asked them about it once and they said IE doesn't work well with the site and I should use Firefox. Switched to that and everything works well except now being able to reply or like in the forum with it. Which when I asked them about they said it's because the forum and newer versions of Firefox aren't working well. So you really can't win lol. If I didn't have to switch browsers I would likely post more often.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am right here and am not very happy with these awful fora.

2 Likes
BreezeOnTheLake
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Where has the Like button gone? Eek! I'm using Firefox, is it my browser? There's no like button suddenly.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.