Quantity over quality.. Did you know that it effects your overall visibility!?

I'm a strong believer in QUALITY over quantity, however, did you know there's an etsy myth that once your inventory reaches 100, you will have an influx of activity and then sales?

I currently have 79 items, but working myself silly to reach 100 by next weekend.

The logic behind this myth is that the increase in visibility gained simply by having a slightly higher percentage of your niche market. So it's actually quite logical!

How many items do you currently have?

When you've had 100 in stock, did you notice an increase in activity?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Quantity over quality.. Did you know that it effects your overall visibility!?

I've been reading up and have heard of this Etsy myth. I only have two listings at the moment and will be adding more soon but you are much closer to 100 than I am. Don't forget to let us know if you see an increase in activity once you reach it!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Quantity over quality.. Did you know that it effects your overall visibility!?

I will admit that I have seen a jump in sales, etc after 100 posts, and more so after 120.
However.... taken with a grain of salt, it may just be coincidence that the increase could be coinciding with Ren faire, Comic-con, and festival season.
(I was on Etsy some years ago and just recently came back, so a trend of a few months is hard to judge... starting back up in February was a little disheartening at times!)
0 Likes

I just reached 107. 3 weeks ago, I had about 80. I've only had 1 sale and not so much traffic so I'm not sure what to think. Maybe etsy is just saturated with jewelry.
0 Likes

Jewellery is supposed to be the hardest market on etsy, but you're amazing, you can overtake them!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'd have to say I had an increase after I was over 100 items, but I also promote a lot on other social network sites.
Speaking of promotion, do any of you do the ETSY or Google promotion they offer through here? If so do you think it has helped?
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.