Former_Member
Not applicable

Beware of phising scams!

I am posting this message to ALL of my groups so I apologize if some of you are getting this more than once, but I see so much of this I wouldn't feel right if I didn't warn everybody who will listen.

I am getting multiple emails ON A DAILY BASIS from this scum trying to trick me into giving out my personal information. They send out these emails in the name of real companies and have the real logos on the emails. In the past week, I have gotten these emails from (supposedly) Wells-Fargo, Bank of America, Etsy, Amazon and (supposedly) paypal. I also am a postal clerk at my day job and I have people coming in ALL THE TIME with emails from "the postal service" saying that we tried to deliver a package to them but there was a delivery failure, blah blah, and you need to open this file, etc. PLEASE think before you open any of these emails or attachments! The post office DOES NOT HAVE YOUR EMAIL UNLESS YOU GIVE IT TO US! And we don't email you that we couldn't deliver a package. Just because we are a "government" agency doesn't mean we have access to all of your personal information!

If you get an email from any company or agency saying there is a "problem" with your "account" then contact them directly. NEVER open any attachment on these emails and never give out any personal information. And sit and think about it........Here's how I knew all of these were bogus. I got an email from "Etsy" saying that my email account had been changed. This message was sent to an email account that etsy doesn't have! The same with these DAILY "paypal" emails-they are sending them to an email account that paypal DOES NOT HAVE! I don't have an account with Wells-Fargo or Bank of America and I haven't placed an order with Amazon.

PLEASE beware! They are counting on us to panic about real accounts and not think before we act. And they are violating our trust in REAL companies!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.