Former_Member
Not applicable

THAT Daily Chat (21/12/2017) - Coming Home For Christmas

Good Morning Happy Folk!

Welcome to all the new members and welcome back to returning teamfolk!lol

This thread is going to be all about questions, suggestions and random chit chat! Anything that doesn't fit in the other threads…well, then it goes here! Don’t forget to check out our pinned threads, there’s lots to do! Just like most teams - the more you give and participate, the more you get back so be sure to wet your toes as much as you can!We promise to try and keep this a fun and relaxed environment. Hopefully it’ll be a place to better your shop and maybe make some friends along the way! 

For those who feel they could use a little help or refresher on having a successful shop on Etsy please visit our “THAT's A Successful Shop Guidelines/ ASK for ‘THAT SHOP CRITIQUE’ thread!!

www.etsy.com/teams/18992/the-honest-assembly/discuss/13183780/

Also we have a super informative thread that you may want to check out! It's all things social media :)

www.etsy.com/teams/18992/the-honest-assembly/discuss/15932323/page/...

Good morning ladies! Getting the chat up from my phone so forgive the repeat quotes. I'm with the girls early this morning and I'm not feeling well. Woke up yesterday with a super sore throat and it's only gotten worse today. I only got an hour of sleep last night because my throat kept me up. I also asked candice for the car seats today so Michael and I could get some errands done (like taking the car in to be worked on) but she forgot she said. Ugh. So my whole day changes as a result. Also this afternoon we have fire training for our fostering process. Not that I'm feeling up to it. But I don't want to have to reschedule. Ugh. I just feel like poop and wish I had an extra set of hands today. Maybe once Michael wakes up he will come help me...

What are you guys up to today? Finishing up some projects? Working out? Maybe you are preparing for visiters!? Whatever it is you are up to... come let us know – we want to hear from you!! :D

Quotes!!

"From a small seed a mighty trunk may grow." - Aeschylus

"We are all born for love. It is the principle of existence, and its only end." - Benjamin Disraeli

"Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence." - Hal Borland

"Mail your packages early so the post office can lose them in time for Christmas." - Johnny Carson

"It is the set of the sails, not the direction of the wind that determines which way we will go." - Jim Rohn
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: THAT Daily Chat (21/12/2017) - Coming Home For Christmas

Oh, Krystal, I hope you get over your crud soon. I know you leave for the cottage soon. Too bad you have the girls today. Why couldn't Candice just go out to her car and get the seats? She had to use them to bring the girls to you.

Pat, I hope Bruce is feeling better today.

Girls and I are going to Columbus today. Emmy has saved for an American girl doll, Gabriella.
0 Likes

Morning Krystal and Peggy,

Krystal, I started with a sore throat on Sunday night but immediately started taking Zicam so I'm not nearly as bad as Bruce is. Hope it doesn't last all through the holidays and yeah, not the best day to have the girls all day when you feel lousy.

And Peggy makes a good point, why didn't she just go out and get them for you? How did they get to your house without them?

Peggy, he had a good night's sleep which I know helped. He's still pretty stuffy and coughing today but I'm hoping that as he's on these meds more today that tomorrow he'll really start to feel better.

Have fun in Columbus! What a fun trip. You tell Emmy I'm so excited for her and want to see picture of her with Gabriella once she gets her!!

I have an eye exam at 10:00 today. Bruce is taking me because I know I'll get drops and the last time I had to drive home with drops in my eyes it was perilous because the sun was so bright and I couldn't see well at all. I asked him to please take me this time and he agreed.

After that, I'll probably finish cleaning because I don't need to see anything up close to do that LOL. No more sewing for me till after Christmas. Oh, I did get the monogram design from Bruce's boss last night so I may stitch out a sample of that just to see if it's ok and so she can see it. Won't start that work till next week and she said I have till the 11th so that's great. I thought they were leaving on the 2nd.

Ok gonna get cleaned up. Have a great morning.

Jamie, that wreath is gorgeous! Such unusual pinecones. I wanted to see it on my desktop this morning since it's bigger and I could really see it. Beautiful job.
0 Likes

Oh and later today I'm going with Taylor and Jeff downtown while they have their engagement pictures taken. They are including Sedona in some of them so I've been asked to come and take care of her for the times they are not using her in the photoshoot.
0 Likes

Good morning,

Krystal, I sympathize with the sore throat! I was lucky that mine didn't last too long. Good luck with the fire training. I had no clue that you had to go through that to be a foster parent...they are very thorough which is good but I'm sure it's nerve racking for you guys!

Peggy, Jessica still has an American Girl doll that her grandma gave her when she was little. Can't remember her name but she has long blonde hair and blue eyes like her. Jessica loved the books too! I looked up Gabriella...so cute! Have fun!!

Pat, how fun to get to go watch the photo shoot! So cute that they are including Sedona in some of the pics :)

Good to hear you are taking a break from sewing. It has really felt good to take a break from making jewelry. We all need to walk away once in a while from our craft.

Thanks on the wreath! I made a small one for my brother that I absolutely love. I'll send you a pic. Just couldn't show that one on fb since it's a surprise. I think he said they are western white pine cones. I love the curved shape but I tell ya, they were a pain to put on the wreath frame! What makes them even more gorgeous is the glossy finish from the sap he dipped them in.

I don't know if you guys read my last post last night but I got a sale with a message that Mike figured out was a typo. I thought I knew what she wanted but after reading for the third time, I think she wants 3 additional "eggs" in the bird nest necklace that already has 3 in it. Really? Why didn't she message me first before buying the one with 3 eggs?! I have never made a nest with 6 beads in it so my last (of 3) messages to her was #1: there will be an additional cost...#2 I won't be able to work on it until after Xmas...#3 I'll do my best but no guarantee that I can make it happen.
Of course she hasn't convo'd me back. I'll change the shipping date if I don't hear from her soon and then what do you guys think? I'm thinking refund her money if I don't hear back from her in a week or so.

Have a great day everyone!
0 Likes

Hi Krystal!! Sorry you're feeling like poop!! Bogus that Candice didn't leave the seats!! :( luck with getting it all done!! Focus on the cottage, and days of happy!!

Hi Peggy!! How cool for Emmy!! Have fun shopping!!

Hi Pat!! I hate the eye drops!! glad Bruce is driving you!! Hope he's feeling better soon!! Super exciting about the engagement pics!!

Hi Jamie!! yikes on that order!! I had a problem with a harness request last week. thankfully the customer got back to me within day and we got it sorted!6 beads... HOW??? LUCK!! The blond American Girl is Kristen :) My daughter had her too. That wreath is so pretty!!

craziness here, as always!! I got head butted in the face by my nieces German shepherd yesterday... gave me a black eye... big happy dogs just don't understand the damage they can do... shopping and creating is done... tonight and tomorrow is cookie baking!! HUGS all!!
0 Likes

Well, thankfully she got back to me and this is what she said:

"White 3 eggs. In the nest"

Nothing like a short and choppy response. lol At least I don't need to make another one but I told her it will go out tomorrow. I had told her today but that was if I found out last night. Hadn't planned on going anywhere today.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.