Critique my shop please :)

I would love some fresh eyes to give me some helpful hints :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Critique my shop please :)

TAGS!

Eliminate all one-word tags. Use 2-3 word phrases in both your title and your tags to show up in search. Separate your title phrases by commas
For example:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/151916457/white-feather-wings-real-angel-wings?ref=shop_home_active_22

This listing (which is one of your better photos...maybe try switching the main photo to what you currently have as photo #2...LOVE it)

Instead of wings, angel, fairy, raven, fantasy

Use
fairy angel wings
white feather wings
Halloween wings
fair costume wings

And continue until you've used all the relevant search terms you think of.

Think like your customers! When you search for an item on etsy, how do you search it. You don't type in "red" YIKES! You'd get a bazillion search results.

Search your item. Type in wings. See how many search results there are. Then change your title and tags. Wait an hour. Go back and search the new 3 word term after you've made the changes and see how far up you've moved in the pages and pages of wings.
0 Likes

Thanks so much! I do switch cover photos around periodically so I changed the photo.as you suggested. :)
As for the tags - I used to do that but when paid for a critique here on Etsy it was explained to me that the tags don't really work that way - a person has to type it in exactly that way for the tag to work but if they type in multiple words a one word tag will show up - but that's why all those words are in my description evidently that pulls up in the search before tags do.
Thank you so much for checking out my shop I welcome all advice!
0 Likes

While I'm sure the person who did the paid critique had good intentions, I encourage you to read up on SEO and join the team called Etsy Relevancy and Stats and this thread:

https://www.etsy.com/teams/10713/etsy-relevancy-seo-and-stats/discuss/12499020/
0 Likes

Awesome! I sure will, thanks so much!
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.