Former_Member
Let's help each other out.

Let the owner of the shop above know what one change you think would increase sales in their shop!

Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Shop Above...One thing to change to increase sales

Hi Effrosyni,

You are a brave one! Selling jewelry on Etsy is very difficult. I have done it myself for some time and it wore me out!
The toughest part about jewelry sales is to have great photos. I spend HOURS trying this and that.
The biggest thing about the photos that I would change is background and light. I found that natural light just looks more appealing to a customer's eye. Using props that enhance your product also helps.

I would also add a photo of you, the seller to the shop so that people could connect with you on person-to-person level.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions and will be glad to assist if I can :)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

The only think I can really think of is possibly using a white background for your cufflink photos. Your photos look great, that is just what seems to work for other people. You have a neat shop!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi PleasantlyKooky & Jessica.
I think because you have a variety of different types of items: photography & jewellery & baby accessories, it would be useful if each category had a consistent look - for instance, it might help if all your jewellery pieces had the same background, props etc. it gives a 'professional' edge.
Also I think it would help your SEO to add the word Photograph in the title of your photographs. I think the 'Wallaby Kiss', for instance should be called Wallaby Kiss photo. & you might want to add some more words to your titles to help with SEO.
0 Likes

Hi Jill,

Your scarves are amazing! I think your shop looks really good. Consistent photos, good titles ect... The only thing I saw that could improve is to use a live model for your scarves...I think it would help to give a more personal feel and give the buyer an idea of how it would look on them. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Cammie,

I really liked your shop-- it really seems to have its own identity, and a sense fo humor! The one thing I might suggest (and I think this is really minor) is to rearrange the items on the shop home page, to put some of the ears listings toward the top? These really caught my eye, and I thought they were so brilliant, and well photographed, and make a really good first impression... Just a thought.
0 Likes

Hi Penelope!
I think your items are really cute! I'm not that good at advice, but I'll give it a try. I personally think a white background is a little plain, I think sometimes having something in the background can make the colors in the item pop. I really like that you make jewelry with nuts and bolts and vintage beads, it's a cute way to re-cycle. If you're using leftover pieces, maybe you could call them recycled or upcycled? Good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Sky!
I looked through your shop and think there are some good things going on here. Your shop banner is cute and does imply that you have things for people and animals, which you do. The colors are bright and appealing.

Then we look at your pictures and they seem dark comparatively, especially if you just look at the shop home page. Photos are almost all pretty busy on the home page and I notice the one with a white background in a wrinkled sheet that looks messy. Having something in the shot is fine, but can you brighten them up and maybe just have the picture focus more on the item for sale?

One thing in addition to the pictures, you have no picture of yourself. You obviously love your dog and sell lots of dog items. So, tell about yourself more on your about page...why you sell dog items, what you like, something to make you seem real...AND put a picture of yourself up. Maybe even a picture of you with your dog, if that makes you feel better.

I see you have some sales...hang in there! It is not easy, is it?
0 Likes

Thanks Valorie! I'll definitely work on those photos!
0 Likes

I forgot to add my last post should be skipped and the next critique go to Facetfully . My post was just a thank you.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Valorie

I think one thing you can change is to have photos of your item being used. you mostly have photos of your item on its own.
Add some toys or craft supplies with your bowls or placed your pillows on a bed or sofa. This will help customers to visualize your item being used. In fact, using these kind of photos for your main photo can also help grab customer's interest.
Hope this help ^_^
0 Likes

Hi Anissa,

Your products are beautiful! I think your photos are great, and products look like they are good quality.
I would love to be able to find a little more info about you (the maker) and your shop process. How do you create? Do you take custom orders if someone is looking to match specific colours (wedding, bridal shower)?
I think adding a little more to your profile might help people gain a better understanding and build a little more confidence.
Also, next time you get a sale try reaching out to your customers with a personalized message asking for feedback. I find people are generally willing to give feedback if you just ask nicely, and it helps build credibility as well.

Good luck!
0 Likes

Hi Natalie,
I wrote a post and made a mistake!
Wish you success in a new year!
0 Likes

Hi Natalie,
Now I can write my suggestion: it will probably help if you had greater variety of backgrounds for your beautiful things: e.g maps or tickets next to passports, maybe baby shoes on a grass.
Wishing you all the best in a new year!
0 Likes

Great suggestion Eirian, I will take some more photos. Thank you!
0 Likes

I'm not quite sure how this works (I'm relatively new to etsy, this is my first post). My shop:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/nineteen79designs

I write my review of Natalie's shop in the thread, correct?
0 Likes

Hi, Natalie -

I think your shop items are great, artfully made, crafted with care, and beautifully finished. However, the pictures do not do them justice. It looks like you're using a light box, but the lighting is low and they're really hard to see. Maybe try taking advantage of a cloudy day and use natural light on some sort of background. I also think you would benefit from showing sone of your products individually, i.e. the cowhide earbud holders. One image of them jumbled up together is fine, maybe use the rest to show front/back of the different options so a buyer can see them and choose. Also, for your purses/wristlets take advantage of a real person to model them. Adding a human and a good interior pic goes a long way. Check out www.katespade.com, she has a mix of models and product photos I think works well.
Last comment, I would fill out the descriptions more to give a buyer a clear picture of their purchase.
I hope this helps!
~Amber
0 Likes

Hi Amber!
You did an amazing job being thorough on your feedback for Natalie, I hope I can be as helpful!
You have a really cute array of purses, but when I first clicked into your shop, I was sort of overpowered by all the patterns and colors. It was sort of a "cant' see the forest through the trees" experience for me on my first glance. I would love to see your purses a little farther away and on a plain background so I can really distinguish one listing from the next, visually.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/CottonTimes
This shop does a pretty good job with balancing the patterns in her bags with white space in her pictures to separate the listings.
I love how you show the interior of the purses! And your descriptions are spot on with the dimensions.
Hope it was helpful!
Lyssa
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Lyssa! The only thing I would change would be to always have a model modeling your products. Some times it can be hard to image what a piece of jewlery will look like on someone.
0 Likes

Hey JakeandAmanada Jones,

I would adjust the photos. Or add a photo of the product on a staged or white backdrop as the main photo to more clearly display what is being sold.

Hope this helps!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Emily,

I would change the avatar to represent your shop's products.
All your photos are excellent, but I was wondering if you can wear the garter belts with stockings or if they are just leg decoration. If you can, maybe add a photo of this option.

Happy sales!
0 Likes
EffElArtions
Inspiration Seeker

Sorry wrong thread!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think changing all the background to flat white, instead of a gradient would make the shop look more cohesive.

Like this one:https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/101626806/turquoise-magnesite-chips-15inch-strand?ref=shop_home_feat...

Would look more like this:
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/101230978/big-multicolour-stone-fish-beads-summer?ref=shop_home_acti...

No blue tone either! Makes the images pop, and shows off your products better! :)
0 Likes

Nice items, PixelPopDesign! I think you just need to add a banner and shop photo to accommodate the new shop design.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Amazing ! Shop looks great maybe be a little more creative with your pictures like hang them up and stuff awesome tho!
0 Likes

Sooo exciting this game of critique!!!

Dear Rachel from MissSassyCreationz, I suggest that you Work more on Keywords, tags and descriptions, I am sure it will help increase traffic. Take care.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.