Former_Member
Let's help each other out.

Let the owner of the shop above know what one change you think would increase sales in their shop!

Former_Member
Not applicable

Re: Shop Above...One thing to change to increase sales

Tidal : Thank you so much for your comments dear ! : ) I know these kind of pictures on Etsy it is a big big dilmema, but if I may express my point of view on this (because you seem to wonder for your own shop ), I would say it is really a matter of personal opinion. To me, a person that is lucky enough to have a model and a photographer to make that kind of shoot should go ahead, since it gives another dimension to your product.

I personally don't mind if the necklace, ring, watch or bracelet has been worn by a model because it's not as if it was worn all week by the model. It was worn by him-her for a very short period of time. To me it's as if the previous customer in the jewelry store tried it on and decided not to purchase it.

The only think I wouldn't put on a model, nor recommend it, is a pair of earrings. This to me is very important. If ever I shoot earrings on a model, these earrings are taken out of my stash and I make another pair for Etsy.
But on the other hand, I have seen shops on etsy with over an 1000 sales and all the jewelry is worn by a model....! On this dear, I think there is no secret recipe. Maybe try them both and see the feedback of your customers ?
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

TidalGlassDesigns : Now, time for shop critique ! : )

You have very nice pictures dear, ( love the ones on the white sand and the starfish ) and you used all your 5 pictures, this is a great start ! You already have 11 sales since you've opened in january 2013, so I think your pictures and mood settings are working great for your product.

Although I would say one things : you should edit your photography to make your pieces pop out a bit more. Or maybe simply fix your white balance on your camera. Having a whiter background will make your colors pop out even more.

Here's a few free photo editing softwares : Gimp, Picasa, Picmonkey.com, Fotofuze

Best of luck dear ! : )

0 Likes

Maxime you have a lovely shop. One thing I should suggest is to work on your photos. There are harsh shadows on your photos and the images are not crisp. The contrast of the photos is tiring to my eyes. Good luck!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Ummuhan, your shop is lovely!! It's really hard to find something to comment on for improvement!

You've got your photos down pat, with good lighting and focus on your lovely jewelry. You've used up all your 13 tags and have good listing titles. You've got your About and Policies page filled out..

I would be nit-picking here, but perhaps change some of your tags to suit the upcoming holiday season by adding things like "gifts under 15" or "stocking stuffer" ?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Missy Messy,

I see that your shop looks great! You have social media attached to your shop as well which is good. Photos look great! You even offer custom request. Your shipping info is detailed and it is pretty inexpensive.

For some of your white colour items you should take pictures on a darker background, so that the item stands out more.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Tiffany,
I would make all the backgrounds in your photos the same, the jewellery stands out well on the crisp white, however, the pearly background of your pearl earrings detracts from the earring themselves.
:)
0 Likes

Sarah,

Very talented! I would add a little more color to your photos, maybe put a few in frames just to make the pics stand out a little more for photo purposes.. Also, quotes are trendy so maybe consider adding some quotes to a few of your prints?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Karen, perhaps work on improving the lighting on some of your listings to make them really stand out. This one in particular could use some love. It's beautiful, and I know better lighting would do it more justice.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/166115811/pair-of-curtain-tiebacks-christmas?ref=shop_home_active
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Lisa, I honestly am not sure... Maybe tags?
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Add more items to increase chances of being more visible

Brighten up your photographs, some appear quite dark

Add photographs of someone wearing your earrings and also keys with your keychains...good for people to imagine your items in function.

Happy New Year!
0 Likes

TARTAN Frog, I think if you sell hard copies of your digital prints that would be a hit! Some people don't like to print their own. Other than that, great photos, cool banner, and great about page!! nice!
0 Likes

Nancy, I loved visiting your shop! It is a model of what a shop on Etsy should be. I just wish there was more to see. Everything is top notch and very professionally done. May you have a healthy and successful New Year.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Fran, you have some beautiful items...an idea could be to show your items in function, so that customers can better visualise them. Happy new year to you, and best of success in 2014.
0 Likes

Tartan frog,

Both you items and your presentation are gorgeous.
You should work on your titles and tag, though.

Put yourself in the buyers' shoes. What keywords would they search for first?

Instead of "Pack of 4, Instant digital & print download patterns, A4, flag (A) range. France, Germany, Scotland, Great Britain."

I would put

"Print patterns, A4, Flag set, French flag, German flag, Scottish flag, Union jack, instant digital download and print patterns, pack of 4."

Then repeat those phrases in the tags ("French flag" instead of "France") etc.

Good luck with your lovely store!

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Susanne,

Your shop is beautiful and your crowns are so pretty and unique. I have a little princess who would just love one. The only thing I can see in your shop is to maybe have a banner to match that stretches all the way across. ( Though mine needs some work for sure that's all I could see. :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Neat shop! I think your banner could use a minor fix...I like the idea behind it, but it seems a little off on the right hand side. Your actual product pictures are nicer than your banner. JMO
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Teena, nice jewelry and lovely photos! I like your shop:) I only noticed two things that are minor but you might want to think about. My first impression of the sale wording on your banner "25% off any...." is that it cheapens it somehow. In my opinion banners aren't the place for this sort of thing, I just think it would look nicer without it. Also, your avatar threw me off a little. I think an actual photo of one of your products, or one of yourself, would actually look better. These are just my thoughts!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Shelly,
I really like your shop! The only thing I would change is the backgrounds. I would recommend using a plain white background for all your listings, some backgrounds are wood and some are white. I think the shop would look more professional if all the backgrounds match.

Best of luck,
Ashley :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi Ashley :)
Lovely shop and beautiful items :) I once featured you in my treasury, and I remember I thought how dark your pictures are. I was told the picture sells the product. If I were you I would brighten those pictures a bit, try taking them in natural light. Use other things to make your pictures more interesting and add some vibe to them, but don't overdo it, your product must be the most important.
Wish you lots of sales. You have the most adorable little items :)

Meliha

0 Likes

Hi Meliha!
Things are looking fantastic in your shop. The pictures are bright, the descriptions are helpful, your policies are well thought out and clearly stated (as well as a little humor!) and you have your about page filled out. I was surprised to see you had only opened in December!
The thing I would suggest for you is to change your shop banner. With a stencil artist on your team, perhaps something from them? It just seemed a little out of place for a low resolution image, when the rest of your shop is so polished.

Good luck, all three of you!
Lyssa
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Your items are great and your photography is perfect.

I'd change your banner… the text is really awkwardly placed and looks less professional than anything else in your shop.

I'd leave the photos and get rid of the text, or come up with a new banner.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I think your items are very unique! Your photos are bright and you descriptions are spot on! I don't really think you should change anything in your shop. Just promote more to keep those sales coming.

Best of luck,
Ashley :)
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I like how everything on your page is photographed the same way! Maybe you could make some monogrammed charms or just something you really like.... just because!!! Looks good - don't give up!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Elizabeth..i would suggest using all the 5 photographic spaces etsy allows us...perhaps show your products more in function...kitchen, tea party...think how the buyer would use your item.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

TARTANFrogDesign,

I had a hard time finding anything. But maybe add some photos in your about section to show your process? You have so many unique items... it would be cool to see a visual of how they are created.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.