Former_Member
Not applicable

Temp and general resin questions

Hello all! I am somewhat familiar with using resins but am embarking on new adventures with some particular questions. I am using castin craft polyester resin but before I begin I'm wondering if anyone has experience with two issues: 1. I have a three year old and don't want to expose him to any fumes in the house, however, I live in Alaska and it's pretty cold right now. I'm thinking of mixing and pouring the resin outside on the warmest day we have (20 f at best) and then hitting the pieces with a heat gun to start the curing. Then bring them inside to finish. Has anyone ever worked with poly in cold temps and/or heat gun? Also, how much off gassing/fumes happen after the initial cure? And 2. Adding decals or pictures. I know there's plenty of info put there but some of it is unclear. I'd like to add transparent images and I'm wondering if regular transparency film with an inkjet printer works well and if it's necessary to seal it with acrylic? Also has anyone used water slide decal film in poly? Ok, any experience is appreciated!
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.