lovelinez
Inspiration Seeker

track and traces of POST NL not working on Etsy

Hello,

In the Netherlands, we cannot use the Etsy shipping labels, so I use the Royal Dutch Mail (POSTNL). Unfortunately, several track and trace numbers of Post NL are not 'working properly' on Etsy.  All the track and traces of packages send from the Netherlands to other countries are working fine, but packages send from The Netherlands to the Netherlands, are not working (which means I do not receive my top seller status, while I should  ). The track and traces of Dutch packages do work properly when copied to www.PostNL.nl.  If you want, I can send screenshots and/or mails of Post.NL showing I always send in time and the packages were delivered the next day.

I first contacted Etsy support and the answer was that Post NL apparently does not share the info with Etsy, and that I should call them. Even while POST NL is one of the shipping companies I can choose when I complete the order in my Etsy shop... 

I also contacted Post NL and they say that I have to file a complaint at Etsy. 

So now I don't know what to do now, to receive my top seller status. I did everything as I should.  And everybody is always very happy and giving me 5 star reviews. One of the customers who was marked as 'no track and trace info/too late shipping' last month, in fact received her order the next day, and ordered again yesterday, and she also gave me a 5 star review.  

So can you please help me out? Because I am working my butt off for the Top Seller status and I really feel frustrated about this technical bug.

Groetjes, Inez  (lovelinez.etsy.com)

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: track and traces of POST NL not working on Etsy

@lovelinez  - This is a link to another thread which in the end might be related to your problem:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/All-About-Shipping/Stallion-Express-Tracking-No-Longer-Supported-Accor...

If you scroll down in this thread you'll also see a link to yet another thread on the problem.

Note that Etsy uses the company Aftership to follow and update the tracking information shops enter. Aftership does follow PostNL tracking.

The only thing I can guess is that someone - PostNL, Aftership, Etsy - made a change to something. But the other parties involved have not made the necessary changes to their "tech stuff" and this is what is occurring?

If my guess correct then hopefully at some point in time all the necessary changes will be made.

Etsy states they will not change a shop's stats when it comes to the Star Seller. You could still try to contact them about the issue you're having though consider addressing it more as a tracking problem - don't mention the Star program? Then all I can say is be very patient since Etsy's customer service to shop owners is backlogged & it may take a long time for you to get a reply. 

0 Likes

Try putting the tracking code as postnl international 3s click refresh, if that does not work, change the last digit of the tracking code press refresh, then go back in to edit the tracking code for the original one

1 Like
CacklinSlayers
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you! This problem 's been driving me crazy. Using PostNL International 3S seems to work<3

2 Likes

You are very welcome, just make sure to check after a couple of hours to make sure it has not automatically switched back to postnl international.

If it has, just edit back to postnl international 3s (I have never known it to switch again after the edit)

0 Likes
w1spArcadeEU
Inspiration Seeker

Same problem - PostNL tracking doesn't work on Etsy, I have 5 orders in "Pre-Transit" according to Etsy that have been delivered to my customers, and my orders are stuck in reserve. Very frustrating and making me think of switching platforms.

0 Likes

i have the exact same thing.

Etsy support is a real joke, told them that thier development team needs to contact postnl to get the api problems sorted. but they just blame postnl and dont do anything. they just tell you to use a different carrier.

i decided to open a shopify webshop and grow my business there. shame cause etsy is otherwise a nice platform

0 Likes

ok so choosing postnl international 3S seems to work in stead of domestic

1 Like

@Simply3DPrintsdotcom  Yes, always chose the 3S version, also for domestic. 

0 Likes
FoundAndFlogged
Conversation Maker

@lovelinez Hello Inez, you have a lovely shop.

One of the freight forwarders we use here in France does not link to the Etsy system. When completing orders that we have sent on this system, I select "other" as the carrier, then the name of the carrier in the second box, and finally the tracking number. When I look at the completed order, it says "no tracking" by the tracking number, but our star seller rating is not affected.

If you do this, it should avoid the problem... but just in case your customer normally uses the "one-click link" on the order for info, it's a good courtesy to send them their postnl tracking link and a short message to keep them happy.

It's a shame that you need to do this for the Dutch post office's system, but at least it will be a fix you can use till the problem is sorted out.

Best regards, Ed Short.

0 Likes

I had a simular problem with another courier to the Netherlands. I found out that when you clicked the link, the postal code would be entered automatically but instead of the format 1111 AA for example, it would be translated as 1111%20AA instead. Probably some computer language thing and the culprit there is the courier themselves who are using that system.  Removing the %20 made the link work.  But then you cannot expect people having to find that out, it's something postal services should solve.

0 Likes

PostNL tracking is faulty (just like I believe the Australians and Germans have a similar problem). I have had the problem for over a year and I doubt they will fix the glitch. How do I fix it myself?

- select “PostNL International 3S” as your shipping option, yes also for domestic and all international

- double check that when completing it hasn’t switched to the non 3S option, it does that. I managed to figure out that to avoid this switching by first selecting another shipping option, then immediately chose the 3S option. This before completing the order. Since then I have not had to go back in and edit the tracking to 3S

- if it has switched to the non 3S version after completing then you have three days to adjust it back to the “PostNL International 3S” version.

But yeah basically a lot of unnecessary work on our end. 

2 Likes

Hoping they fix this soon!

0 Likes

Don't get your hopes up, this has been going on for at least 2 years. Just make sure you check the tracking within 24hrs just to make sure it has not changed.

0 Likes

I face same problem in Turkey. we use Navlungo as carrier, for crossborder shipments, they are already in aftership as well. Etsy customer support says we are waitng our shipping team action. They add Navlungo in supported carriers. Still no action.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.