titles in cart too short on

Anyone know why the titles of items in the cart are so truncated on a desktop? When making larger supply orders I can not see the size of items, quantity etc because so little of the title (roughly 44 characters) are visible.

The only way to view the whole title is to click on the link to the product page but I want to see the whole title with all the items in the cart.

There is a huge blank white area between the title cut off and the price in the cart. I wish I could screenshot and share what it looks like.

This is on a chrome browser on my desktop where I place my larger supply orders.

Just looked on my phone and the whole title is visible in the cart on chrome and safari.

Labels (4)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

Re: titles in cart too short on

If its same on another browser on your desktop it suggests its how Etsy has designed it

0 Likes

I can imagine how useless partial titles must be in your example.  There of lots of posts in the forum about listing titles in search being cut off after a comma or slash, so that often very little of the title is visible.  Test or technical error?  Who knows as Etsy nearly never lets us in on their changes.

0 Likes

Etsy's system is truncating after special characters. This thread has advice for fixing your titles.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/Current-Workaround-for-Wrong-Images-and-Truncated-T...

0 Likes

Oh wow!  I never noticed that before, you're right!  I thought maybe hovering your cursor would show the full title, but no go!

* Also checked to see if it's related to the search titles being cut off after punctuation - nope.  Everything gets cut off the same in cart.

0 Likes

It is not related to the cut off titles as the special characters are visible and it shows 44 characters including special ones. Would love if the hover would work!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.