Stats have not been showing anything all day.

Re: stats are not showing

Same in my shop. It doesn't work by going back and forth or changing between Pattern and Etsy

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
bradgoodell
Community Maker

WHO USES PATTERN?  I had the impression that Etsy had stopped supporting it because so few sellers actually used it.  They just left it for the few sellers left who were using it.  Etsy hasn't promoted it, and has done nothing with it for years.  Or am I wrong?  

This is annoying.  If you want to have a toggle, at least let it stick to where it was used last instead of forcing us to change it every time.

2 Likes

LOL!  I was just wondering the same thing - what percentage of Sellers actually would use Pattern.

At least I'm not see a "Studio" option!  LOL!

2 Likes
Dexcy
Post Crafter

may be now they decided that everyone must use it so they could make more money?

0 Likes

Same here. The stats are all "0".

1 Like

Same issue.  And I have seen the drop down boxes for stats (Pattern, etc;) on and off for a while now.  Sometimes they appear and sometimes they aren't there....  But today all stats just show two dashes ( -- )

0 Likes

This suspiciously makes one think that Etsy may be planning a pattern reboot. Why? Not sure why they would even do that as the initial attempt didn't seem to be all that successful. Personally, I never saw any reason to pay extra money for a Pattern site when it was still controlled by Etsy and was not an actual independent website. And you didn't have any of the Etsy marketing to promote the site like you do on the regular Etsy site. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they may have come up with some amazing change.

There have been a few articles online recently questioning whether Etsy has plans for opening their own fulfillment centers. Much of that conjecture is due to job openings that Etsy has posted which kind of tend to make one think that they are looking for employees with that field of expertise. Who knows? Either way, you know shop owners are the last to know. LOL

0 Likes
NiciLaskin
Conversation Maker

there are 13,900 active pattern stores in Etsy at the moment ... the last quarter in 2023 Etsy added over 2300 new pattern stores which is a sharp increase considering it started 2017

I think they might try to revamp that and " improve" on it

2 Likes

I have never used Patterns, it wasn't important for me and I can't afford another platform.

0 Likes

I noticed this too, it's very annoying to have to manually change it to see my shop stats. What I don't understand is if one of the choices is 'All Channels' why doesn't it give you the stats? It should combine the stats from Etsy & Pattern and show them. I wouldn't mind if that were the case - I only use Etsy so it wouldn't be any different for me if it showed both channels stats since I only use the one, but it doesn't show anything.

0 Likes

I don't know who does any of their computer work, but this works so weird.  Okay nothing wrong with a drop down.  But, why should we have to always go to yesterday and then to today to get the stats to show up.  There has to be a more streamlined way to do this. If I wake up and go to my dashboard and it says etsy and today at the top then my stats should just show up.  I should not have to go through all those steps to make this work correctly.

1 Like

Rif.: stats are not showing

cosi succede ogni volta che etsy decide di fare qualche cambiamento. Presto lo scopriremo di che cosa si tratti

0 Likes

Is there any announcement from Etsy about this issue? Are they aware of the problem people experiencing? 

1 Like

I guess we need to let them know about this issue.

0 Likes

PAH.  They don't make "announcements" about problems until it's been that way for days and thousands are screaming.  Then they will make a thread no one can respond to, then they will say it's fixed when it isn't, then the screaming (justified) will continue, a week later they'll eventually fix it.  It's a two week process, at least.  ::eyeroll:: 

0 Likes

Etsy's job is to provide a functioning platform for business but they too often fail to thoroughly vet website changes, which always seem to come on a weekend. This is on top of the frequent tech glitches that plague the site, and their absolute failure to manage resellers and trademark infringement, etc. Maybe some of their 100% remote workers need to get to the office once in awhile. None of us should have to find a workaround to deal with Etsy's incompetence when it comes to managing its website.

2 Likes

Well you would think after you use the drop down and set what you want, that it would stay that way. But no! I’m not even going to look at them anymore until it’s fixed. Not so smart to have to reset it every single time. Yes it is easy to see, but very annoying. 

0 Likes

Once you select the "channel" it still does not populate the stats. Yes, you can populate your stats by clicking yesterday and then clicking back on today. However, another issue is that every time you leave your dashboard to visit another part such as listings, messages, etc., it reverts to not showing any stats when you return to the dashboard. I don't mind selecting the "channel" but this cumbersome way of getting stats should not be required every time you leave the page!! I hate to say it but it appears this was poorly thought out, poorly implemented, or possibly both. 

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@GroundZeroCreations  And, evidently never tested before it went live!

2 Likes

What else is new?  ::sighs wearily::  

Mine has only been like this for a couple of days now, having to extra click, and I'm already tired of it.  My sympathy to the folks who have apparently been dealing with it for much longer. 

0 Likes

As is usual, this is change for the sake of change, usually created by somebody in an office with absolutely no idea what we do.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.