Zooify
Inspiration Seeker

seller's email?

Hi, I got this message on Etsy messanger, does anyone know whats wrong? 

Hello, I am very interested in your product and would like to buy it. I clicked the "Buy Now" button at checkout to purchase your item via Etsy Shipping, but it asks for the seller's email to complete the purchase. Can you please give me your email so I can pay

Regards

Thomas

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
11 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: seller's email?

DO NOT CLICK, Thomas; it's a SCAM!  Mark as SPAM.  Etsy is being bombarded with these idiots; new Sellers as well as seasoned ones.  And I'm sorry you were hit with this.  There is an Announcement re: Scams at the top of the Forum.  As well as a link to it in your Seller's Dashboard.

Stay safe!

2 Likes

It's a SCAM. Once you send the email they email you a fake Etsy page and try to convince you they are Etsy and ask for your financials.

Just put the message in spam and ignore. Etsy already knows about this as they have hit hundreds of sellers with the same. They usually go for new sellers thinking you do not how Etsy works..

When you get an order you will get a notice on your order page with all the details. You do nothing as for a payment is concerned--Etsy has cleared the payment before you even get the order.

1 Like
OwlAlwaysKnit
Conversation Maker

1 Like
bradgoodell
Community Maker

SCAM.

0 Likes

There is nothing wrong. This person is a liar, trying to cheat you.

There are scammers targeting sellers everyday, asking for emails, saying that they cannot purchase,  trying to get their info to steal, trying to get access to their computers.

0 Likes
EvangelLingerie
Inspiration Seeker

Hola amigo,

A mí me han enviado nada menos que 12 solicitudes de lo mismo. Quieren un email para acceder al pago de un producto que les interesa mucho. Como es un mensaje nuevo, no puedo dejar de contestarlo porque es fundamental para que te nombren "vendedor estrella" por lo que les contesto con un mensaje automático de bienvenida y posteriormente les pongo en Spam. Funciona porque ya no me molestan.

Pensé que Etsy era una plataforma segura pero para los maleantes no hay nada que se les resista. Hay que tener cuidado!

Un saludo.

0 Likes

@EvangelLingerie 

You do not have to answer them at all- mark as spam, and it will not count against you for star seller.

0 Likes

For Star Seller, you do not have to reply to spam messages. Marking them as spam counts as a reply.

0 Likes

I have five of these in 8 days of reopening my shop.

The latest was wanting to buy my item and asking me to get an $500.00 gift card to go along with the item. 

Marked as Spam but they keep messaging different scenarios.... DO NOT REPLY MARK AS SPAM

1 Like
DabsDirect
Inspiration Seeker

I just got the same message, thank you for the heads up. I just replied asking what listing they were having a problem with, let’s see if they respond. 

0 Likes

@DabsDirect 

They will respond for sure==they now know they have a"live" shop.

The next step will be to send you a fake Etsy page with links to click where they ask for your financial information. DO NOT CLICK--Do NOT respond . Just send those things to spam, if they come thru your email set your email to block them.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.