I was having a glitch when entering my account number into the Plaid box in the Payments Settings section. Everyone kept telling me to choose the options of Manual or Instant in the box, after entering my account number. I never saw any of those prompts or any other links, choices etc. Just one thing, a message saying that Plaid doesn't recognize my account number.

After talking to Etsy and browsing the forums all day, I caught this one poster saying take the zero out that is in front of your bank account number. I have USAA and indeed had a zero as the first number. As soon as removed that zero and re-entered the number in the plaid box, it recognized my account, and I then saw the "Instant" and "Manual" options. It was then very easy to get the Plaid verification finished. 

So thank you random poster, It was really really irritating because I just couldnt understand why everyone was getting this second screen option and not me. Now whether you choose instant or manual, and give Plaid access is another whole sheetstorm. But I hope this helps someone, if you were stuck with this particular error.

Re: plaid error when entering account number - possible fix

.I cant get anywhere with this verification process.

I emailed for help and will wait and see.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
BirdsongEmporium
Conversation Maker

Well we got the notice to update our banking. One thing I did before going in to enter the info Plaid needed for manual is I went in to our tax and legal information. Previously when we entered this years ago the only choices were to enter as an individual or a corporation. Since we are a partnership LLC, individual had to be entered. This area has changed and now Etsy allows the choice of individual or business. So I was able to enter as a business with the business information and it recognized there was another owner and was able to enter hubby's name and percent of ownership. I made sure the legal business name was entered exactly as it appears on our business bank account. I think that is a key since when I got to the entry screens to begin the info needed by Plaid, some of the tiny print said the account name on the bank account had to match what was on file in the Tax and Legal information on Etsy. So perhaps that is one place that is hanging some of the verifications up if that info is not an exact match. Everything went through fine for us for now. We need to await the two bank deposits and enter them. Hopefully there won't be any problem with those.

0 Likes

Ten years with the same bank account, and now it is telling me that it is not the right number. Have now been locked out. Honestly? now my payments are going to be held because Etsy and their new apps do not work? So tired of this nonsense.

0 Likes
WildSpite
Inspiration Seeker

You're a godsend! I have been having a mini panic attack because I couldn't figure out where this "manual" option was when it wouldn't even accept my acct number. Taking the 0 out was the answer! 

0 Likes

well, I'm also in this 'we don't recognize your account number/info doesn't match what we have on file'.

My account number is used in 2 shops here. The other one...no issues going through. This shop (my main shop)?

the dreaded error. I submitted a help request, and got a response a few hours later...

now it has been 7 days since that contact and crickets.

nothing. No response. No communications. Nada. Zilch.

I'm so frustrated. The countdown in my shop is something that really affects me because I DO NOT wait until the last minute for anything. Car tags up? Handled first of month due. Bills? Paid well ahead of due date.

But this lack of response is really giving me some anxiety issues. I even reached out to a helpful admin to ask for help and got a response stating that my request being sent to someone to handle. That was yesterday morning.

still nothing. So VERY FRUSTRATED right now.

I absolutely do not do well with ambiguity.

1 Like

I contacted through chat, 1 1/2 hour wait in queue, finally get someone and they tell me that they cannot help and will refer to technical, Crickets....not a word. I have four shops all with the same issue, not a happy camper at this point

0 Likes

@MaineCoonCrafts 

I got it fixed after requesting a call back. Waited about 10 minutes for the call, and it got fixed within 5. Apparently when I set up this shop (over a decade ago), I put leading zeros onto the account number. No idea why...and so simply entering in the account # without these, caused an error.

once I inputted the correct # of zeros...it worked. Wish there had been a pop up that said something like 'we see your account number starts with 0...' and that would have helped.

but it is good now.

1 Like

@CoquetteBath  :  The popup with an informative message sounds like a good idea, but if someone tries to hack your account you don't really want to give them hints about what data entry error they made.

0 Likes

So I just received my notice a few days ago and am anxious about it all before even trying.  About the zeros, if we have them in the beginning of the number, do we automatically take them out, or do we first try it with them in?

0 Likes

@sharonjenkins1 

First, try it with the zeros. If that does not work, try without them or with less of them. Not too many tries in one day, though.

0 Likes

@ZehOriginalArt  Thank you, I will try that!

1 Like
Eclecticgoods4U
Conversation Maker

@CoastalGlamour  did you connect to Plaid yet? I am having issues as well with Truist. I am using all of the information I have always used. The Suntrust routing number and the account number as it appears on my statement and no luck. If you were able to connect to Plaid, did you need to use a Truist routing number and not your old one?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.