NesimeCreations
Inspiration Seeker

payment

I set up my Etsy account in Turkey. etsy officials told me to open a new etsy account because I could not connect my foreign company information to etsy. and they said they would transfer all my money to my other etsy account. but etsy officials went and transferred the money to another etsy account. i am victimized because of their own mistakes. What should I do? All kinds of screenshots and voice recordings are available, it seems that I will apply to the international court and get my right.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: payment

Etsy cannot transfer money from one Etsy account to another Etsy account.  Etsy would have never told you this.
Since you have Etsy payments, Etsy can only transfer money to your bank account.

It seems to me you probably got scammed by someone "pretending" to be Etsy that told you this. 

If this is the case, there's nothing the real "Etsy" can do because you willingly gave your account info to these fake Etsy support scammers.

One clue if you got a message and it said Etsy support/staff, etc and it was NOT in the FROM ETSY section then that message was a scam.
Also Etsy would NEVER send you a message wanting you to update anything about your shop/account, nor send you any links/QR codes to click on either.

ETA: you have 0 sales in this shop you're posting from?
Is this the "new" Etsy account?

2 Likes

Exactly by what method were you in touch with etsy? You say voice recordings. Did they call you? Had you given them your phone number in a message? 

This sounds like a big scam to me. It's highly doubtful that you were really speaking with etsy.

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

You were scammed 

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Just in case you need to know - Genuine Messages from Etsy will appear in the 'from Etsy' folder of your message inbox (check using the website via browser).

You can contact Etsy support via the shop manager > Help > Contact us. Never contact support via the message system - that's for other users to contact you.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.