more login problems

For almost a year now I have to login to my shops twice to get in. I never get in on the first attempt. Today its new additional fun! After the first login attempt I get the CAPTCHA and after multiple screens of picking squares then I get an error has occurred message and then I have to hit refresh to open the shop!!! GOOD TIMES!

Are customers having these problems trying to log in? Would they go through what I have to go through to get in? I doubt it.

I am using edge, but chrome is doing it as well. I cleared the cache and that does not help either. 

Anyone else having this situation?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
13 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: more login problems

I haven't had the Captcha in a while (knock on wood), using the same desktop computer, Chrome. However, when I did get it, it's a pain you know where.  Repeatedly going thru pictures.  What I do get every time I Log In, is the Red Error Banner.  When this happens, I do CTRL F5.

1 Like
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

I've just started getting the same thing too. Check all the pics with hydrants, with motorcycles, blah blah blah. Then sometimes it still says there was an error, so try again. Once in a while if I just refresh the page, it opens, but sometimes I have to start all over. I thought we were all done with this a while back!!!

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@PamsRhinestones  You can google it and find out how to disable it. 

0 Likes

what do you google?

0 Likes
Jewels2at
Community Maker

I set up for the two step verification.  Got the email confirming it.  I only get the two steps once about every two weeks. 

What is so interesting about the CAPTCHA is that sometimes the pics are so small you cannot tell what they are...it you make it larger it gets to blurry to see what it is. 

1 Like

Some of the ones I am getting are so dark that you can't make out anything - much less a motorcycle or a bus!

1 Like
UppNorthCo
Community Maker

Don't log out.  My fear is etsy would close my shop for "suspicious activity" and I could never get it open again.

1 Like

I have the same problem.  I have two Etsy shops and each time I try to go from one to the other, I never get in first time.  Also, the Captcha security thing has just started to happen and every time I try to change shops, I have to go through endless Captcha crap in order to get in.  What is going on?  It would be much more simple if Etsy provided us with a toggle to swtch between shops.

0 Likes

@BoudoirPrive; If you use a different browser for each store then you do not need to keep logging out and in, plus you reduce the possibility of "cookie clash" errors.

0 Likes

@BagmakerSupply 

Many thanks for the tip, but I feel we shouldn't have to use a workaround.  There should be a simple toggle that Etsy could quite easily provide.

0 Likes

Last week I got trapped in a Captcha 'Groundhog Day'.  After clicking about 50 or more bicycles, traffic lights, fire hydrants etc, I was so angry I just shut down the Etsy windows I had open and then opened them again - no more Captcha - until the next time in a week or so!

1 Like

@LeLightFantastique 

I know the feeling.  I was getting pretty hacked off with it myself, but it seems to have temporarily stopped for now.

0 Likes

It's back again with a vengeance.  Why has this suddenly started?  It's extremely annoying.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.