messages in app vs browser

I have a lot of messages that when I open in the app have the order of the customer linked to it. If I then switch to my computer for example for faster typing or to check the status of the shipment in my shipping portal in a decent matter, I notice in the browser there is no order linked to the message of that same customer... this is super confusing. Other way around you see a message when at the PC and ask the customer for there order number or in what name they ordered because apparently no order is linked to the person sending you a question... And then upon opening in app... oeps there it is..

Also on the other hand if I receive spam from scammers i cannot mark it as spam in the app right away...

Just now on top of that a customer messages me and emails me at the same time... I reply to his message on etsy and to make sure I also send him an email referring to our message. MY email to him now pops up as a message from him to me in our messaging tread???  where does this come from?

I have never had this with other clients that contact me through mail instead of directly through etsy...

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Re: messages in app vs browser

Order history for that user is shown in a panel on the right of the message (on browser). If there is no order history but you know they are a repeat customer then perhaps they originally ordered as a guest and have since set up a user account and not linked their past orders.

When a customer sends you a message via Etsy messages, Etsy also send you a notification email to tell you that you have a message on Etsy. If you reply to both then you are doubling up - only reply via the messages page in the shop manager or on the app. Do not click on links in emails - you can delete the notification [email] if you have already replied.

Apparently there is no SPAM button on the Seller app. I suggest everyone who relies on the app writes to Etsy support to complain (especially in light of the recent increase in scammers). 

0 Likes

Re: messages in app vs browser

No its the same message. I view it in the app, customer has an order linked to his profile. Open the SAME message in browser on my PC, nothing to find linked to that customer in the right panel...Go back to the app and yes in the same message that customer has an order linked... Also its NOT the email by etsy to notify me. It was the customer sending me a direct email on my bussines email adress. He forwarded his order confirmation from etsy below, but manually typed an email with a question to my email above it. So no notification.

This is something I only started noticing the last couple of weeks. I have over 5000 sales in personalized items, so we send and receive quite some messages to clarify personalisations for example...

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.