GrannyBeesNeedle
Inspiration Seeker

incorrect reporting regarding my star seller status

The Etsy system is not receiving correct information from my message board.  You claim I have only received 4 messages from May to July. and 2 of them were unanswered,  which gave me a 50% rating on message for the star seller.  This is incorrect.  Earning the star seller is VERY important to me and I work VERY hard to earn it.

I wish to submit the screen shots of my message board for that time period, as proof that your data analysis system is not correctly reporting my messages.   But this email format will not allow me to upload images.  That is too bad.  For, you would be able to see plainly  I have, in fact, received 29 messages in that time period, all of which were answered within 24 hours in spite of the fact that my husband was in the intensive care unit of our local hospital for nearly the entire month of May.  The fact is, that your data reporting system has a technical problem which needs to be addressed by you and corrected immediately.

I wish I knew some what to be able to show you my message board.  I must have faith that etsy is correctly receiving and reporting my message board data.

Please advise what can be done.

Judeen Brewer

grannybeesneedle.etsy.com

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: incorrect reporting regarding my star seller status

Firstly, it only counts NEW messages. Are you sure all 29 were new? Are you counting messages you may have received as a buyer, or help requests? Both count.

Etsy has said they will not manually override their metrics. But, you can contact them by opening a support ticket.

2 Likes
TheArtfulTwig
Conversation Maker

This is a seller forum, and unfortunately Etsy is not likely to read your post.  You need to contact Etsy directly after reviewing your New messages received over the Star Seller time period. For that, you need to go to the Star Seller link in your shop manager, click on Message Response Rate and download the CSV file.  That will show the messages that Etsy counted as New, and whether or not they were responded to within 24 hours.

Your message board shows all messages,  not all of which are New ones.

If you still want to raise the issue with Etsy, you can request a call back by using this link:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling#issue_sell_manage_listings-callback

The call back time is 30 minutes now, but might be shorter during the business day.  I'm not sure if Etsy does call backs on the weekend.

0 Likes

@GrannyBeesNeedle: Have you checked the applicable CSV file available on your Star Seller page? When you look at the file remember that that the dates / times are in UTC (not your time zone), only the first message of a new incoming thread is included (all that counts for Star Seller), and usually a new incoming thread is not included until after the 24 hour reply window has passed regardless of when you replied.

If there is truly an error on Etsy's part, then follow the advice from @TheArtfulTwig.

"... 2 of them were unanswered ..." Are you aware that you need to reply to the FIRST message of EVERY NEW INCOMING THREAD within 24 hours. It does not matter who sent it, the subject matter, if it is a duplicate or blank or anything else. If it is SPAM then it should be marked as such.

If the unanswered new thread is not a Help Request, at least for the time being, it appears that marking an unanswered message as SPAM (even after the 24 hour deadline has passed) will cause your reply percentage to change in a day or two if the original message was within the current star seller period (but not retroactively). Note that subsequent messages from that account may go directly to the SPAM folder.

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear about your husband, and hope he is doing better now. 

As mentioned above, check your messages csv to see why Etsy is reporting something different than you believe.

Also, try not to worry about it too much, as there are plenty of people on Etsy who can never get Star Seller due to not having access to affordable tracking Etsy recognizes. You are in good company. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.