getting emails for each packaged shipped, how do I stop this?

I use Shipstation, not Etsy, for shipping. The last two days out of nowhere I'm now getting an email notification on each package shipped. It's blowing up my inbox and I never had them before. I've tried to find a setting to turn this off and can't find it, can anyone help? Its so annoying.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies

Re: getting emails for each packaged shipped, how do I stop this?

@beachgrasscottage: Who is the sender of the eMail, Shipstation or Etsy? Hard to help you without more information.

0 Likes

noreply@etsy.com

0 Likes
AnxiousCharm
Inspiration Seeker

I have had this happen before. If you use Etsy shipping labels...when you go to print the labels there will be a little box on the print screen asking if you want to be notified of shipment. Make sure that box is not checked. If it is checked then you will get 20 notifications in a row (depending on how many orders are going out)

0 Likes

As I said, I use Shipstation, never used Etsy shipping

0 Likes

@beachgrasscottage: We don't use ShipStation (we have an in house integration) but there is a "Send Me A Copy Of The Notification" setting on Etsy  when completing an order. If your order completion is being automatically updated by SHipStation, presumably ShipStation is passing a value (API parameter "send_bcc") to Etsy indicating that you want a copy of the notification.

0 Likes
CanningCrafts
Conversation Maker

Sounds like a few other sellers are having this issue too, so maybe it's an update or a bug??

https://community.etsy.com/t5/All-About-Shipping/Shipping-Notification-Emails/m-p/141057734#M494466

Whatever you use for labels should trigger the Etsy shipping notice to go out to customers. But you can stop getting a copy of the email sent to you by changing a setting on Etsy. When you buy a label on Etsy, you should see this when you select the "Review" button: Email Notifications. Send me a copy of all notifications. So uncheck that.

Since you use Shipstation, I'm not sure how you could change that Etsy setting without getting a label here?? But maybe you can test doing a label here to see if that button is somehow checked. If that doesn't work, perhaps you can ask Shipstation what is going on, maybe they had a recent change on their end? 

0 Likes

That is only for getting a copy of the purchased label.  It has nothing to do with the email that says the item was shipped.

Order notification and shipping notification are two we cannot opt out of.  Doesn't matter where the label was bought.

0 Likes
CanningCrafts
Conversation Maker

I do not get emails for the packages that I SHIP out. I think that is what the OP is talking about?? She's getting a copy of the email notification the customer gets saying the order WAS shipped. 

1 Like

thanks Canning,must be an Etsy glitch, surprise!

0 Likes
BandOfWeirdos
Inspiration Seeker

Hi! @beachgrasscottage, the same thing has been happening to me, and I also use ShipStation for my Etsy orders. I asked Etsy support and they told me to ask ShipStation. I asked ShipStation and they told me to ask Etsy. Can you please share if you find a solution? I'll do the same, thanks!

0 Likes

This is an etsy glitch that has been going on for days. Shipstation also isn't getting the photos from etsy and when they do, it takes hours. I've talked to shipstation and they said they are aware of the problem and are working with etsy, but we know how that goes. It doesn't seem to be much of a concern with etsy.

0 Likes

You can't get out of the emails that the item was shipped.  That is triggered by the completion of the order in the order section of Etsy.  Everyone gets those emails. 

The only one that can be opted out of is for notifying of the label not for the shipping.

0 Likes
BandOfWeirdos
Inspiration Seeker

Some of us never got these emails before, FYI. I've been selling on Etsy for 8 years and never did until last month. Maybe you have your box checked if you're shipping through Etsy itself? 

0 Likes

@JDTotesnDolls: If you do a manual "Complete Order", there is a checkbox to indicate if you want a copy of the notification sent to the customer. The API also has a field to trigger that, so third party integrations can also toggle that. If this issue only occurs for Etsy labels, perhaps they broke their own integration.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.