happy2sew4u
Inspiration Seeker

facebook sharing

Can't share my  listed items to facebook, is there a new procedure? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

Re: facebook sharing

I shared something yesterday to my Facebook business page with no problems and in the same manner as I have always done.

Are you trying to share to your personal page or business page? How far do you get in the process? What happens when it fails, or how is it failing to share?

0 Likes

There's been dozens of posts about sharing to facebook in the last week. Have you looked through those to see if there's been any solution found?

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@happy2sew4u 

I found this in the Forum Search Bar; typed in "facebook".  I remembered Admin posting to one of the Threads, but couldn't remember the one (they may have posted to more, I don't know).  Here is the Thread.

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/I-can-t-connect-my-shop-to-my-Facebook-page-Very-frus...

0 Likes

This issue has been going on for weeks now and no updates or acknowledgment from Etsy that there is an issue.  This on the heels of them raising our rates. . . Very frustrating.

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

I just manually copy & paste the listing url and share it that way to my FB biz page …works for now until Etsy/FB fixes the share function.

2 Likes

But when you do that you can NOT boost product on facebook because they are NOT valid images.  Also you can't copy your link and share an image, which is a lot of work. 

0 Likes

I'm manually copy/pasting but it doesn't look as professional and take them right to the listing as it did before. How long is this going to go on? I've changed everything I can think of to change, disconnected, reconnected. Is it a Facebook problem???

0 Likes

But when you do that you can NOT boost product on facebook because they are NOT valid images.  Also you can't copy your link and share an image, which is a lot of work. 

0 Likes
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

Do you have Instagram? If so, link your Facebook business page and Instagram, share a post from Etsy via Instagram and use the "post to other apps", select Facebook. I do this all the time, and the image that is then shared on my business Facebook page is my photo of the item.

0 Likes

Same trouble here... the Listing Tools doesn't work...the screen comes up for FB but there is no way to send it.  It's just a blank screen that looks like it's trying to send the item from my Etsy shop over to Facebook.  I've never had this problem before.

0 Likes

Please tell me how to link my FB business page to Instagram.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.