expired listings still active?

I just noticed I have about 30 listings that are still active but say expiration date 30 sept 2022 or 30 nov 2022.

How is this possible?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
9 Likes
30 Replies
NessyTheStrange
Inspiration Seeker

Re: expired listings still active?

I'm having the same issue. I have some items that expired but still active. I cant understand why!!

2 Likes

Me too.  I don't mind getting extra time for listings  Do any of you also have an explosion of carted things going on?  As of yesterday evening it looks like a billion people have carted something in my shop.  I don't think its real.  Etsy must be messing and "fixing" stuff.

6 Likes

Bumping as I also have a listing that expired on Feb 3, 2023, but is still visible in my shop. Edited to add: I checked my February statement and I don't see a listing fee for this item.

1 Like

I currently have 34 listings with this issue. Sept 30, 2022 and Feb 1-4, 2023 dates. I don't mind free active listings with old expirations dates—IF they are really active and being seen! Anyone know if others can see them?
I tried to address the issue with Etsy and they wanted all kinds of odd verifications, drivers license, banking info and SS#, to the point it seemed shady so I didn't pursue further. I told them I'm not fighting that hard and risking my personal info, to fix their own problem while I get free listings. Makes zero sense to me.  
One of the listings, I did a duplicate listing to test it. The duplicate listing eventually sold. I deactivated the other one and then replaced and reactivated the listing with a new item. Eventually that one did expired. I have no idea on any of it. 

9 Likes
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

Let’s see if others can see them.  If you do a search on my page, for “Coro” do 2 items show up?
We can check each others.

3 Likes
IndustrialBlonde
Conversation Maker

Yes. Earrings and a brooch. 

4 Likes
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

@IndustrialBlonde

Thank you!  Yes, yours are showing too.  Nice to have the free time IMO.

3 Likes

They still do as of today - Easter Sunday.

1 Like

I had about 10 listings that stayed active for most of 2022 without being renewed (sadly, no sales on those). When I went to vacation mode over Christmas for our house move, and subsequently opened up again, those listings had finally expired. Now I have two different ones that should have expired two days ago doing the same thing. 

2 Likes
JudyStalus
Conversation Maker

All of my listings that "expire" on Feb 28 never expire...it's happened for three years now...saves me money but seems odd.  I thought perhaps it had something to do with leap year effect?

5 Likes

yes, I had it last year too on febr 28, but now it was 3 different expiration dates. Anyway they finally expired now.

1 Like

same here. I found around 10 listings with the expired date on 28 of February 2022, but some of the listings with expired date on 28 of February, 2023. They are still active

2 Likes

Still an ongoing issue - I found several listings that had 'over-stayed' their expiry the other night. I had a listing I was going to let roll off since I'm changing what I focus on, but that's still there despite expiring 3 days ago.

0 Likes

I have again a lot of them. Different dates.

1 Like

I'm glad I found this thread, I have the same issue, 3 items that were due to expire on 28th February still showing and, as far as I can tell, they can still be seen by customers, I guess they'll expire eventually!

1 Like
babclassics
Inspiration Seeker

I also have these "expired" listings on 28feb2022 and 30Sep2022.  Have just discovered that you can NOT add such listings to a markdown sale.  I guess it looks at the expire date and blocks them from being found in the sale creation item selection screen.  So it might be nice to get free renewal but starting to wonder what else may go wrong I somebody tries to buy them?  Could cause problems.

5 Likes

So happy to find this thread- I've had this problem for ages with dozens of listings that haven't expired, some of which I can't add to sales when selecting individually as well. I find these listing when I do a search so they are showing up but as business has been very bad for me in the past couple weeks I've been looking at my shop trying to tweak and etc.

Sure I'd love the extra time but if it's all for naught anyway I'd rather have this problem fixed. Also wondering if it drags down my visibility.

Thanks for posting other peeps with this same weird problem!!

2 Likes

Bumping this is still an ongoing issue. Does anyone from support actually look at these things?

0 Likes

Curious about this as well - I have a number of February 28 listings (from 2020 to 2022) that didn't renew (and a few other random dates).
They appear to still show as available. I'm wondering if this is connected to another problem that pops up - occasionally I swear I have deactivated/not-renewed a listing, and it will become live - and I don't have the product. It's happened too many times for it to just be my absent-mindedness.  (If anyone wants to check, search 121 135 and see if PBS Vintage Red Fabric pops up.)

1 Like

I just tried and it shows up.

1 Like

I tried too and it’s there. I also have several items that were to auto renew in February. They’re still in my total count of items tho.

2 Likes

I've got listings that expired last year. Still on manual listing. I don't get it,but I hope they don't drag down my shop's rating.

1 Like

Same here with listings still in the shop that should have expired. 

4 Likes
Jewels2at
Community Maker

Mine appear to be ok.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.