threadlady99
Inspiration Seeker

etsy is making my shipping late!!!!

Jump to solution

I have 2-3 day shipping in  my shop. Order comes in on Sunday, I print shipping label and take to the POST OFFICE SAME DAY. Etsys message is that customer expects next day and it might be late. THAT EFFECTS MY RATING! Etsy needs to fix THERE issue! 20yrs ago I could call Etsy, now, Nothing, they don't even respond to messages since last nov.  It's time for us to stand up to them. I called my Capital and talked deeply about what they are doing. I was told it is FRAUD on Etsy's part. Anyone else have this nonsense going on???

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
threadlady99
Inspiration Seeker

Re: etsy is making my shipping late!!!!

Jump to solution

So, everyone that has commented, I know what I am doing on my end. Shipping next day!!!! I am not going to reply to all the comments on me checking this and that, EVERYTHING has been done right on my end. And yes, I talked to a rep at my Madison WI capital. and YES, this is fraud on Etsy's part. They are misrepresenting my small Business and they can be sued. Enuf said. 

View solution in original post

2 Likes
25 Replies

Jump to solution

Have you inadvertently set Sunday as a shipping day? You are in control of setting this. It's not etsy that is doing it. 

5 Likes
EtchedinTimeLLC
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Etsy changed mine, even though I said NO every time.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Check your processing times, remove the weekend shipping days and don’t go by what Etsy says on their expected delivery dates. It’s a mess. As long as you ship by your last ship date it won’t affect your SS.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@threadlady99  - There is your processing time you set. You might have 1 day, 1-3, 3-5 day processing time. This is how long you have to package the order & get it to your shipper.
Shops can now choose whether or not to include Saturday &/or Sunday as a business day.
Also Etsy does say that orders received on Saturday will automatically adjust to a ship-by date of Monday if 1 day processing time is used.

I get the feeling you are seeing the little pop-up from Etsy when purchasing your label that the "buyer expects this by.... it might be late".
Ignore these. 

If you are shipping on time, send with tracking & marking the orders complete in a timely manner it will not affect your stats/rating. 

2 Likes
LilMissSweetPea
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

If you print a label on Sunday the post office will not accept receipt until Monday. Shipping on a day the post office is closed doesn't make it go quicker. What shipping service are you using, because none of the Etsy shippers offer overnight service. 2-3 day shipping on your shop means you will ship in 2-3 days, not that it will be delivered and the shipping speed purchased will determine the shipping time, which no shipper guarantees. Ignore any messages you see about being late because Etsy has no control over shipping times, and it will not affect your store ratings. Now, if you ship after the deadline, then you will loose star seller status.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I don't see 2 to 3 days since one ;isting is giving me an arrival date of March 1 which would be very odd considering most post offices are starting to close or close to at this time of day.

I would check processing time frame and check to see if Saturday and Sunday are removed.  They are on mine and my processing time frame is correct for the items I recently sold.

Is your post office open on Sunday?  Did you set the label for Monday?  You may be running into the time zone issue that does come into effect for many as Etsy runs on UTC and EST time for the world. Your post office may not collect mail on Sunday to process until Monday. If the label was set for Sunday and your post office does nothing with it until Monday then it is considered late.  You always have the option to ship early but that in transit has to take place the day of that label making for the US.

I would doubly check time frames and if there is a gitch contact Etsy via email.  We have never really been able to call Etsy.  THe short time they had a phone number that quickly died.  Use Chat or Contact us.  You can ask for Etsy to contact you. 

0 Likes
Lakeshore3D
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This is a real problem. I'm seeing the same thing. The second an order comes in, Etsy shows that standard USPS shipping may be late by one day. Somewhere they are getting the wrong info. The info they are setting the customer expectation does not match the selected shipping time.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@threadlady99: "THAT EFFECTS MY RATING!" If you are shipping (marking the order as complete with valid / verifiable tracking) on or before the scheduled ship by date then your "rating" will not be negatively affected.

If you are concerned about Star Seller then you need to check the applicable CSV file on your Star Seller page to see if Etsy thinks anything is late or otherwise has something wrong with it. In particular make sure that *Had processing time?* = yes, *Ship by* has a date, *Tracking/label date* has a date, and *Shipped on time?* = yes. Remember that Star Seller dates / times are in UTC not your time zone.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

There is a difference between processing time and shipping time.

Processing time is the time between the order and shipping the order. The day count is impacted by whether you've elected to include or exclude week-end days.

Once the order is shipped, the shipping time is based on the carriers estimates (if you use calculated shipping) or your estimates if you manually set these.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I always ship on time yet I always see the red "may be late" text on random orders. That's not my problem as I am shipping exactly when I am supposed to, and most days I ship way before the last ship date. When I ship next day I still see the "buyer expects" text telling me that they think they're getting it the next day... (yeah sorry I am not amazon). As I am not sure what Etsy is sending my buyers, I always put in my "note to buyer" that they should expect their delivery THE LATEST BY and then put the end date Etsy gives me, also noting that usps may at times be experiencing delays. It's all I can do unless Etsy wants to send their people to pick my orders up from me and assume all delivery responsibilities... lol.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

You call your Capital, what’s that? What kind of fraud you think Etsy is doing? I just don’t get it

3 Likes

Jump to solution

The notation that the package may arrive late does not affect your ratings. That's determined by USPS estimates and delays after you have printed the label.
Etsy only cares about when you actually ship. If you actually shipped late, that does affect your ratings.

Etsys message is that customer expects next day
Your package's estimated arrival will be a range of days, not one specific day.

I'm also curious about your call to your Capital.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

(Removed because @GroundZeroCreations worded it better.)

1 Like

Jump to solution

@threadlady99 What exactly did you tell the person when you called your Capital? The definition for fraud is wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain. I cannot see where any of this has anything to do with fraud. Etsy doesn't benefit in any way from it. So I am just trying to understand who you spoke with and why they told you that Etsy was committing fraud. 

3 Likes
StitchyFrood
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

20 years ago Etsy wasn't open. Who were you calling?

1 Like

Jump to solution

In fairness to the OP, Etsy launched in June of 2005. So it has been almost 20 years.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy is getting delivery time frames from the post office. Weather can impact USPS delivery. There were areas of the country that were hit by severe storms and tornados last night. If any airports or distribution centers are impacted by weather events, it could delay delivery on some orders. 

This is on a red banner at the top of the USPS website: 

Multiple severe weather events are impacting the processing, transportation, and delivery of mail and packages across the U.S. Due to these weather events, please allow us additional time for final delivery of your item.

1 Like
LilMissSweetPea
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Exactly! Etsy is not the shipper and has no control! The messages are linked to what USPS is experiencing. This is nothing new, weather has always affected mail delivery times. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I always ship a few days ahead of the actual date an order needs to go by. More than half today had the red error that item may arrive late. Ignore it! I can't control the postal service. I get in the mail (and scanned) by the date I've stated. 

0 Likes
PotteryUrns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I think the post office is saying parcels may arrive late because of all the areas being affected and expected by the weather right now. We don't have to be right where it is bad to be affected. I'm in New Mexico and right now anything going ground advantage would probably be affected by the fires in the Texas and Oklahoma panhandles. Trucks would be going I-40 and at times it has been closed due to the heavy smoke. I'm pretty sure the PO isn't delivering to a lot of those areas today. Then there is the heavy snow on parts of west coast and again in the northeast. Etsy nor us has any control over any of this. 

1 Like
threadlady99
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

So, everyone that has commented, I know what I am doing on my end. Shipping next day!!!! I am not going to reply to all the comments on me checking this and that, EVERYTHING has been done right on my end. And yes, I talked to a rep at my Madison WI capital. and YES, this is fraud on Etsy's part. They are misrepresenting my small Business and they can be sued. Enuf said. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Let us know how the court case goes

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids 

I wonder if the OP understands that she can open herself up to a slander lawsuit with comments like that? 🤦‍

It is funny to me that pretty much all online companies with third party sellers provide the expected shipping dates. Guess they are all going to be sued for misrepresenting small business. 🤷‍ 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

The message the OP is talking about isn't even shown to the customer. It's a message to the seller, when printing a label.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.