YukiStream
Inspiration Seeker

etsy Listing not showing up on google but shows on etsy app

Jump to solution

Hi everyone! I am facing an issue I would be thankful if anybody could help me out resolving it!

So it’s been over a week now and i’ve listed 4 items till now but the thing is whenever i look/search for any of my listing titles on etsy app it shows up undoubtedly (filtered by most recent) but when i open etsy.com on google and search for my listings it doesn’t appear at all! And i’m hardly getting any views so it’s important to get that fixed..  

(PS: i’ve seen a new seller who’s just opened their etsy shop recently and their listing shows up on google etsy.com search results) 

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YukiStream
Inspiration Seeker

Re: etsy Listing not showing up on google but shows on etsy app

Jump to solution

I finally figured it out guys! So i was testing so much.. i’d put my whole braincells together and i get it now! I can see my listings on results page now! I found out that i was not able to look for my any listings on search results page because i have not set/mentioned my country on my shop so that’s the reason why when i look for my specific listings they don’t seem to appear (because i was excluded from local search). I signed out and continued to etsy without signing in and changed my country to any other one but not my country. So after searching for them i could see my listings! So if any new etsy seller is facing similar issues don’t worry you probably have not set your shop’s country that’s why you’re not able to see your listings rank on any etsy page on searching. Now I can finally focus on my projects!  ಠ◡ಠ 

View solution in original post

2 Likes
16 Replies

Jump to solution

@YukiStream: Searching on Google (or any other search engine) and searching directly on Etsy.com are for the most part unrelated. Each uses their own databases and algorithms.

Keep in mind that if everyone on this forum searched etsy,com for the exact same phrase they would all get different results. Because of "personalized searches" you can NOT rely on anyone's search results to define how your listing is ranked. There are many many factors that affect listing placement and the relative weight of each factor probably changes constantly. Even exact word matches to your title no longer ensure that you will appear on page 1. Your listing may be appearing on page 251 and Etsy is only showing the first 250 pages to the world.

It is also likely that this "personalization" means that you get different results on the app than using a browser.

"i’ve seen a new seller who’s just opened their etsy shop recently and their listing shows up on google" What Google displays depends on when they indexed a particular shop page or listing and that shop's SEO, plus many other factors. How you shop and listings appear on Google is not an Etsy issue.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

but when i open etsy.com on google

I think they mean Chrome @BagmakerSupply 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CappuccinoLace: Ahhh ... guess I need to stop reading the posts so literally.

1 Like
YukiStream
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response! But It would have been completely okay if my listings appeared on even the last page but the thing  is my listings are not even appearing on any of the search result page on etsy.co. I tried looking for say, that one same listing on different devices but no luck. Even entering words unique to that particular listing doesn’t seem to work on their website but as i mentioned  earlier works fine on their mobile application. 

0 Likes
YukiStream
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

It will show 13 results on etsy app but only 12 results when searched on google [ etsy.com ] with only my listing excluded on google...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@YukiStream: If you mean that the results are different when using the app versus using a browser that is not abnormal and can be the result of many factors.  If by "google" you mean the Chrome browser and not the search engine, have you tried a different browser, searching while logged out, and perhaps even using incognito mode? For reasons that Etsy will not share with us, that one listing does not currently rank high enough to be displayed is not unusual- this could be the result of your search query, the previous search history on that device, the sale history of that listing, based on what other people using the same device have clicked on, etc.

1 Like
YukiStream
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

@BagmakerSupply Yes i tried searching for it on google/chrome while being logged off and also in incognito mode but still I am unable to see any of my listings.. 

0 Likes
YukiStream
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

In the meantime i got this info on some website

“When Etsy indexes a listing, the search engine is aware of it and will show up in search results if it is available. A technical issue may result in the removal of a shop or listing from Google. If your listings aren’t showing in search, they may be de-indexed by Etsy. Furthermore, it could be due to Etsy temporarily pausing the account while it takes a break. If your shop has an outstanding balance, Etsy will remove it and reindex your listings fairly soon. Due to a recent shift in support, Etsy is now asking sellers to contact them via email after their phone support services were discontinued. If you do not see your listings in search, you may need to contact Etsy to request that they be indexed. It is uncommon for your listing to be de-indexed, and it is more likely to result from a technical problem”

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Unless I'm wrong (very possible), if a listing is de-indexed by Etsy it wouldn't show up on the app. 

0 Likes
YukiStream
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Please search for “aesthetic cute subscribe button” on etsy.com (their website)

guys i need your help

could you please search for this on etsy.com and let me know if my listing shows up on any page? 

**Don’t worry you would get upto 20 results only so it won’t take your time to look for my listing..

Please let me know if it shows on your search results~ any page is fine as long as it shows up on their website T-T

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I see your items as the first two listings (not counting ads) when I search for that phrase on Etsy.com. 

1 Like
YukiStream
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

@secondarycreations is my listing really showing on their website ?  Thank you so much for searching!!!  i think i should stop worrying about it but it’s not showing on 3 of the phone when i looked for i just hope it’s a glitch.. but Thank you so much for your help! I appreciate it!!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Not sure what you mean by "their website." This is in the regular Etsy search, done on my laptop. 

Every Etsy search is going to show different results. Etsy will show you what "they" think you might want to buy. 

0 Likes
YukiStream
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

@secondarycreations 

By “their website” i meant going to etsy.com via google

0 Likes
YukiStream
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I use safari to browse and have set google as the default search engine on my phone. So when i go to safari and search Etsy.com and look for my listings they don’t show up...  

I also asked my brother to look for my listing on his macbook air but even he’s also not able to see my listing...

But i recently downloaded chrome on my device and used the chrome app and went to etsy.com and looked for my listing then they show up in search results.

I wonder is this happening ? Any idea? How shall i fix this?

0 Likes
YukiStream
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I finally figured it out guys! So i was testing so much.. i’d put my whole braincells together and i get it now! I can see my listings on results page now! I found out that i was not able to look for my any listings on search results page because i have not set/mentioned my country on my shop so that’s the reason why when i look for my specific listings they don’t seem to appear (because i was excluded from local search). I signed out and continued to etsy without signing in and changed my country to any other one but not my country. So after searching for them i could see my listings! So if any new etsy seller is facing similar issues don’t worry you probably have not set your shop’s country that’s why you’re not able to see your listings rank on any etsy page on searching. Now I can finally focus on my projects!  ಠ◡ಠ 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.