TheHilmiFashion
Inspiration Seeker

bummer, your conversations have been temporarily disabled

When I opened my first store, I was sending messages to random people to get to know my store in order to promote my products, then I got this error and I can't send messages to anyone. Yes, I realized my mistake and learned my lesson, but this problem has been going on for 1 month and my customers have been writing me messages and I can't answer. This has bothered me a lot, I've been in touch with the etsy help team almost 100 times, but all they've told me is that you'll get an email or statements like we've moved this to the upper echelon. I'm really tired of this now, no etsy expert is helping me even though it's been 1 month. Although I have sent e-mail many times, the location is closed without receiving any response. I don't know what this means, but if you are going to comment on this topic, please don't tell me to get in touch with an etsy expert

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: bummer, your conversations have been temporarily disabled

As spamming is illegal in most countries you are only allowed to reply to customers who either make initial contact via messenger or purchase from you. Etsy does not have a time limit on when they will return this function to you, sometimes it is within weeks other times it takes months so you will just have to wait it out.

1 Like

Would be great if Etsy took treated those "e-mail needed" scammers just as harshly. 

5 Likes

Indeed & resellers

2 Likes
SunnytyDE
Community Maker

They probably do. The scammers just open another shop and start again. 

1 Like

as do the resellers

1 Like

you say that this is a month only that you got your hand slapped for promoting via convo?

glad you know that that is a bad thing. And it is illegal, too. Only Etsy knows when this will be lifted for you, but I've heard if it going on for a few months. Patience is needed here. But you also can take this time as opportunity complete your shop, including how you are making all of the varied items. Which, since you list no production partner or have required policies, needs to be you.

patience.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.