bynox
Inspiration Seeker

autocompleting digital download orders

Is anyone else having issues with Etsy automatically completing orders that are made to order downloads? As soon as I receive a digital order it's going to my completed orders before I can attach any files and then when I click 'view files' it says in progress. I've been sending the files personally to my customer's email but I'm not sure why this randomly started happening last night without me changing anything.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
12 Likes
25 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: autocompleting digital download orders

The order is showing complete because the buyer paid and the payment cleared.

2 Likes

Instant download digital files transfer immediately when payment is processed, which is why the order shows as completed. If you're manually sending them, you need to list the file as made-to-order. You should check your listings to make sure they are properly classified.

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015628347-How-to-Manage-Your-Digital-Listings

1 Like
WallPeel
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same problem, even if my item is listed as made to order, It was working last week, now the bug is back!

0 Likes
MiasTarotStudio
Inspiration Seeker

The listings are listed as made-to-order thats the problem

0 Likes
AzzaraDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

I am experiencing this also.  This is a new issue.  This was not happening before and is now a nightmare to manage.

0 Likes

I usually do this for made to order digital downloads: I add a private listing where customers can pay, but I only attach a placeholder photo. After I get the payment, I email the files to the customers. It's just easier for me.

0 Likes
FrostyDigitalArt
Inspiration Seeker

I am also having this problem.. I have a made to order digital download. I have selected the made to order option under digital files. It even tells me that when a digital file is selected as made to order that i have to submit the file after payment in order for the order to be completed... which is perfect, thats exactly what i want to do. However, there seems to be a glitch where the order is automatically completeing. and judging by these comments this has been a glitch for almost two months. which is unacceptable on etsy's part in my opinion. please let me know if anyone has found a fix for this.

6 Likes

I'm getting the same issue here as well, I guess I will have to message the customer and attach the files there but this should of been fixed by now

0 Likes
MiasTarotStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Having the same issue. Must be super frustrating for customers too 

0 Likes

All my items are made to order digital, and not having this issue--I do create my listings on the computer and not via the app though--could it be an app create issue. Last night had 7 orders for my made to order digital and none have auto completed. 

0 Likes
tarotbyizhary
Inspiration Seeker

I just got this issue and have been trying to go around it. Please let me know if there is a fix.

1 Like
FineDandyUK
Inspiration Seeker

I also have this problem - not with all digital downloads, just seems to be one of mine at the moment. Frustrating!

2 Likes

I am having this issue also, this has never happened before, it’s super frustrating I hope there is a fix soon. 

3 Likes

This has happened to me when orders contain both instant downloads and made to order digital files. It has never happened when the order only contains made to order files. Hoping it's fixed soon!

0 Likes

Yep, just happened to me today, all my digital stuff is made to order, and all have been working fine, allowing me to make then upload. But one today has gone straight to complete without me being given time to make and upload anything.

1 Like

You're not alone! I've had the same issue for weeks now (and have posted this same reply on several threads about it). Here's what I've observed:

1. All my made-to-order listings were working just fine until sometime during the recent updates. Then one day without warning a customer purchased a made-to-order listing and it was sent to "completed", even though it had NO FILES ATTACHED TO DOWNLOAD. When looking at the order it showed "not downloaded" (well how could they download nonexistent files?) and did not allow me to attach anything. This means that even though I can get them their file/s some other way, they will never be able to leave feedback because the order will always show as unfilled/incomplete on Etsy's side.

2. I clicked on the backend (editing side) of the listing in question and IT STILL SHOWED ME "MADE-TO-ORDER". I couldn't figure it out until I went to the public view of the listing and refreshed it. On that side it showed up as "Instant Download". So then I had to manually check every single "Made-to-Order listing". (Because why on earth would Etsy's well-paid team of developers do that testing before rolling out the "upgrade" to everyone? I mean, it's not like we sellers are busy preparing for Q4 or anything.)

3. What I have figured out is that "the switch" happens when the listing is published (and it's still happening). So if you change something and press "publish changes" or if you sell the listing and it gets automatically renewed, you must go back and check. The way to change it inside editing is to go the place where you click "made-to-order", open up that dropdown menu and hit the "apply" button. That's it. Then your change will stick. But it won't do it unless you apply it before publishing, even if IT SHOWS "MADE-TO-ORDER" IN THE VISIBLE SETTINGS (on the editing side). Just to be sure, it's not a bad idea (if you've got nothing better to do, Etsy Sellers) to check it on the public side.

**** ETSY: This is a frustrating and time-consuming bug. If you're going to keep throwing these UNTESTED changes at us, please give us an easy place to REPORT BUGS. ***

6 Likes

Mine also started having this issue beginning yesterday. Listing is Made to Order digital item and goes directly to Completed as soon as the order is placed. Disappointed to see others have been experiencing it for quite some time and Etsy still hasn't resolved.

0 Likes

EASY FIX:

1. Go to Shop manager
2. Select Listings
3. Select the listing having the issue
4. Under Core details within the Details section, select the Change button in the Digital File
5. Change from 'Made-to-order' to 2020-2023 then apply and publish
6. Select the same Change button in the Digital File
7. Change it back to Made-to-order', select apply and then publish

1 Like

This just started happening in the last few weeks.  After the first one, I assumed it was an anomaly/one time glitch.  But saw in my phone app two orders and when I logged into Etsy - they were automatically moved to "completed".  I really wouldn't have noticed had I not seen my phone app notification.  So, now it seems to be a continuation and happening on more listings.  So frustrating!!!

0 Likes
D84Digital
Inspiration Seeker

I've had issues since Jan 1, 2024.  I contacted Etsy support twice & both times they just said they are aware of the issue.  So frustrating when so many people do not know how to download through email, can't find the email, etc. 

1 Like
D84Digital
Inspiration Seeker

Just wanted to come back to say everything seems to be resolved now! Just took a while  

0 Likes
TrueCre8tions
Inspiration Seeker

It has been happening to me too. I've contacted Customer Service twice already.

0 Likes

Someone said to take off digital and save the listing. Then add it back again and that resolved the issue for me. Haven't had a problem since.

0 Likes
PassiveShack
Inspiration Seeker

I'm currently having the same issue, I just don't mind it at first but two of my customers told me that their orders are still marked as In Progress and they can not leave a review because of it. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.