I gave 2 of my cards

then they asked to create

a

SIMPLE.APP

and a REVOLUT cards

I am HACKED???

Thx

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: authentification process

Remove that link NOW - it is a scam site

you are not hacked, you have been scammed.

contact your card provider, cancel your card, report the fraud to your bank, if your bank has fraud protection, they may reimburse you.

any message from etsy (and etsy seldom sends us messages) will also be in the "From Etsy" folder under the Inbox.

If it is not in the From Etsy folder, as well as the inbox, it is not from etsy.

Etsy never takes you off site for verification, it is done from your dashboard.

Etsy - and every establishment - always says do NOT click on links that take you offsite

There is also a big yellow banner on the message page about scams, that you have to click to say you have read it, for it to go away

and a blue banner on each message, saying they are buyer messages, so not etsy messages

If you do go offsite - from any institution, you need to check the site is an httpsecure site, and it is actually the site of the organisation you think you are dealing with, and any account you pay money to,  is actually the account of the organisation..... it rarely is if you have gone offsite, as most of those are scams

2 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Re: authentification process

I'm so sorry, you have been scammed. Please contact the banks for both your cards immediately and get those cards stopped. They will issue you new ones. If you created any new payment accounts (Simple.app, Revolut) then go and shut those down too.

Check Etsy messages using a browser. Genuine messages from verified Etsy staff will appear in the 'From Etsy' folder and have an extra badge which says 'From Etsy'. All other messages are from buyers, so could be spam or a scam.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.