Your 2022 Year in Review is ready!

In my dashboard it says "Your Etsy 2022 Year in Review is ready!  Then it goes on to say, "There's so much that made your shop one-of-a-kind this year. We took your 2022 shop highlights to create your Etsy Year in Review. Scan the QR code to download or open the app."

Well guess what, I don't use QR codes, won't scan them on my cell phone (security reasons), I don't have/use the Etsy APP and only use the internet to log in and work my Etsy account. No Etsy link for this is available to me to read this good news (why Etsy) and no message sent to my email address to read the info (again why Etsy).

Okay Etsy, you win, I'll remain ignorant of the above because you are attempting to FORCE me to obtain your APP just to read the good news you want to to know. No thank you Etsy. Please just allow me to see this without the APP and within my Dashboard.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
9 Likes
14 Replies

Re: Your 2022 Year in Review is ready!

I would also like to see mine, but I'm not downloading their app just for that. Oh well.

4 Likes

I received an email with info. Did you not get one?

0 Likes

I got an email summarizing what I purchased, but as for my shop sales --that information was only linked to the app QR code.

0 Likes

No I did not receive an email with the information, went thru the spam filter too. They don't want me to know.

0 Likes

Oh.... I see. I didn't pay much attention to the email, so I just assumed it was for your shop stat not what you bought....

0 Likes
Beadcomber
Conversation Maker

Besides...and may be surprising to Etsy, but not everyone has a cell or mobile phone. Yes, even in this day and age, not everyone wants to be 'that' connected

1 Like
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

There have been numerous comments about this already in another thread, and quite a few posts from sellers who did have access to it via their app or QR code who said there's nothing in that report you can't see for yourself in your shop seller account and/or financial pages.

To put it in a nutshell, you ain't missing anything. 

It's a ploy to get sellers to download the app, nothing more, because, apparently, even if you click on the QR code, it does nothing more than take you to downloading the app. Surprise, surprise...

6 Likes

In my case there is nothing to "click". I looked for that no links to click.

0 Likes

I looked for the threads but did not see them. I'll check with my optometrist next week. Thanks for your input. 

1 Like
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Never mind.

Edited, as apparently irrelevant and useless.

0 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

It probably says something like, "Hooray, your shop did awesome this year but think how much better it would do if you started/increased Etsy ads and started offering "Free Shipping."

3 Likes
MrsDsHandKnits
Conversation Maker

You may want to check out the other thread on this subject that discusses the many frustrations over this Seller Year in Review..

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Etsy-Success/Etsy-Insights-2022-Seller-Year-in-Review/m-p/140670198#M1...

0 Likes

There's nothing magical in the "highlights" at the end of the QR code's path.  It's just a gimmick to prod us into downloading the new seller app.  Every bit of that info can already be found in our shop manager.  

0 Likes

As Beadcomber said - not everyone has cell service or a cell phone. We have one that is mostly a paperweight at home but can be nice to have when traveling. 
When we did finally opt for a smart phone that would have 5G capabilities I deleted apps that were preinstalled. I've added none. 
If nothing else, why would I want the constant updates or having to read all the fine print about who they might be sharing my history with? 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.