What's a girl to do?

I have had my shop for ten years, and I enjoy selling on Etsy. However, the Star Seller Program is very flawed. My shop was in vacation mode for six weeks. And although the automatic reply was set, I still responded to my messages. And yet, I did not receive a star because of not answering my messages. The program has problems, and my problem is that I can’t find anyone to help me. What's a girl to do?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: What's a girl to do?

Etsy won't do anything. And frankly, I think the star seller is way over-rated and doubt many buyers even pay attention to it

6 Likes
StitchyFrood
Conversation Maker

The Star Seller program is automated, so there's very little a customer service rep could do if you could get in touch with them. 

Automatic replies can only be set for 5 days maximum, so it's good that you responded on your own. You can download the messages csv from the Star Seller page and see which message Etsy thinks is over 24hrs. 

Be aware: all messages means all messages. Etsy doesn't differentiate between your account as a buyer or seller. If it's a message where you were a buyer that caught you, make purchases from a separate account or as a guest in the future. 

1 Like
BootifulLabels
Conversation Maker

Do what works for you and don't worry about SS, it is not intended for everyone to qualify and actually excludes many smaller sellers who go above and beyond exemplary customer service to do the right thing for their buyers.  It is not worth the pixels the badge is written on.

10 Likes
JustMeToo
Community Maker

@ArtsyCraftsyBoutique   Try not to lose sleep over the star seller program.  It is SO flawed that it is ridiculous.  Buyers don't pay attention to the stars.  They pay attention to good reviews and nice products.

6 Likes

Thanks again. And I’ll try not to stress over it, but it’s very frustrating. But you’re right. Buyers don’t seem to pay the star thing much attention. My sales are consistent with or without the star.

Take care,

Sandi

1 Like

Thank you:-)

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@ArtsyCraftsyBoutique don't stress...there's always another chance. 

0 Likes

Etsy says that they have no way to "correct" any issues or mistakes so the best way is to wait for the next month to average out.    I accepted when the program was introduced that there would probably be months I wouldn't end up with the purple icon.    I do my best for my buyers but if weather or ill parents get in the way, I will still do what I can to make everything right but there comes a time when things are not in your control.

As a buyer as well as seller, frankly I check reviews more than I check to see if a seller has a star before I buy.    

0 Likes

The star seller program will be in effect for 2 years  at some point during this year. I am still wondering what it is all about. I have not seen any benefit that I can actually point to in being a star seller and not. I wonder what the original concept was and what it is now.  Has the original concept been dropped and it is just something that is "hanging"? Sort of like that "pattern" website thing? 

In any event I would not worry.  It  will tend to come and go, I suppose.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.