Weird limited search results when choosing "most recent"

Is this an issue?  Do a small search for something, my example is "boyfriend gift UFO"  1359 results with ads is the relevancy result but if you choose "most recent" it drops to only 429.  Shouldn't it be the same number just in a different order?  @cindylouwho2 is this normal?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Weird limited search results when choosing "most recent"

It does that with higher price and lower price as well. Let's face it search function on Etsy is not functional on this planet.

4 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@VintageBeachMaps  Hi, I did the same search as you. Relevancy with Ads: 1,360 results. Most Recent with Ads: 430. It does seem like it should be as you said, same number different order.

1 Like

I have been noticing this for a long time. The other filters seem to pick more relevant results than Relevancy does.
I have even had search results show up to a hundred listings in Relevancy but no results are found when I switch to a different filter.

1 Like

The "relevant" results include all of the listings Etsy ads in that don't have all of the keywords. So if you get bad results, you should always change the sort to something else, to see close to the correct number of listings for those keywords. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.