Former_Member
Not applicable

We are currently checking your Taxpayer info

When I initially put in my tax info I had put my first and last name under the First Name field. Not sure how it can still go through. And I had also messed up my SSN.(I was, probably still am, sleep deprived (Yay ADHD))

So I fixed those, but its been 4 days and still no message from them and still has "Please check back in an hour. We will message you once there's an update." I'm still confused on the best way to correct my information. There's no section for middle name, do I put it? It has my middle name on my SSN, but not when I turn in my W-2s. And does my address have to match the W-2's. It would be nice if I could get some questions answered by Etsy, but I'm happy to get some help here as well.

Also, should I disable the etsy ads until this issue is resolved? My account is frozen, guests can view my shop but not purchase.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
13 Replies

Re: We are currently checking your Taxpayer info

Having same issue,  been trying for at least a week now to get tax payer info updated.

2 Likes
classiccut
Inspiration Seeker

did you get your store back up? 

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

hello i am having the same problem, is your problem solved? If it was fixed, what method did you use?

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I've had the same issue for a few weeks and this is the response I got from etsy:

I understand your concern regarding account suspension due to Failed Taxpayer ID Verification. Please do not worry as this is the technical glitch on our end.

Please be informed, our engineering partners are currently aware of an issue where the "Update your taxpayer info" alert is showing to some sellers with that information already on file. We've added your report to the ongoing investigation so the team can take a deeper look into what's going on.

At this time, we do not have a time frame for when this issue will be resolved, but please know that we prioritize our technical issues based on the impact to our marketplace.

That was a week ago and my account is still frozen. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
PartydesignbyDes
Inspiration Seeker

Same issue here, seems like an ongoing issue. I just gave up trying to contact them and now it’s time to just wait. 
please update us if you get your shop back

0 Likes

February 2024 and still an issue. I'm just beginning the support contact journey but so far the chat option has just not been working won't connect me to an agent. Sent in an email and will wait to hear. I am not hopeful. I would think 8-9 months later this issue would be resolved, but here I trying to keep my shop within legal guidelines and now it's closed due to a technical error. Etsy, this is beyond frustrating.

0 Likes
SpaltAndPepper
Inspiration Seeker

I am having the same issue.  Sent an email to support and they replied with a generic response with a list of generic issues and how to resolve them.  Must have been an automated response.   I replied asking them to please address the issue I outlined in the original email. 

0 Likes

I recently updated my tax information because Etsy suspended my selling account.  I have been reluctant to provide my social securing information because of security concerns and international hacking. It has been more than 24 hours and Etsy has not reinstated my account. They are on the NY Stock Exchange and they do not have a customer service phone number. This is scary. They are grossing billions of of dollars, and they don't have a customer service phone number. Check-out www.whois.com and look at Etsy's listing. Every owner of a domain name is listed there, with a phone number, but when you call Etsy's listed number, you are told to go to etsy.com/help. I did all this and I am back to square one. All suggestions are appreciated.

0 Likes
MissFuzzyBee
Inspiration Seeker

Just got my Star Seller status yesterday. Had a large sell this morning that put me over $500. Immediately suspended my account. I have been reading horror stories in the forums that people have gone weeks without having their shop restored. Within 5 minutes of receiving the message, I uploaded all required documents and my SSN. I even checked to make sure everything matched (exact name). I am convinced they are backlogged and verifying taxpayer info in batches. Has anyone "actually" had their shop restored after a Taxpayer info  suspension?

0 Likes
SpaltAndPepper
Inspiration Seeker

I've seen people reporting this problem for a few years now so I'm kind of nervous as well. I got an answer from support that said they realize other folks are having this issues and they are looking into it but they will not give a estimated resolution date.

0 Likes
SpaltAndPepper
Inspiration Seeker

Luckily I'm brand new so I may just delete my store and try to start again.

0 Likes

I have this same issue going on right now. I put in my social when I started selling. Since the email I have uploaded my driver's license and it's been several days with no contact and not being able to sell my items. This is ridiculous. To top it off I can't find a way to contact Etsy support at all 

0 Likes

Can someone provide Etsy contact info? I cannot find chat, email, or phone support. I have the same issue as everyone above. Thanks

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.