Visits and sales dropped

All of a sudden in March my sales and visits are non existent . I’ve been consistent for 3 years . Is there something going on ? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
29 Likes
84 Replies
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

Re: Visits and sales dropped

If it just started for you in March, you're actually lucky. Many of us have had poor sales for months already. And yes, there's almost always "something going on", just not quite sure what. Good luck to all of us!

44 Likes

Why would you continue to work a non profit business? Month after months?

2 Likes
LaDiDaAntiques
Inspiration Seeker

Yep, happened to me too. And they made a mistake and took away my star seller status impossible to get it back.

2 Likes

Lowest traffic and worst sales since 2017. They shut off like a switch after the Gift program started. Everything was booming until then. So disappointing.

1 Like
AuroraSphere
Inspiration Seeker

Here as well. I’ve had consistent sales least once each day. Until a week ago. Then nada for a whole week now. SEO optimization, ads, etc no longer seem to work.

20 Likes

Same here. I usually get at least one sale a day (usually more). This week, my store has been invisible. I am not getting sales, visits or favorites. There is not any traffic coming into my store. It has been a ghost town. This week has been the worst week I have had since I opened my store many years ago. 

29 Likes

Same here, 1 sale in 2 weeks. I seem to be hidden from view.

21 Likes

Absolutely nothing is working to trigger sales. I'm looking into Tik Tok, You Tube and Pinterest videos to advertise. I'm waiting on my son to help me out since he's so video savvy. Good luck everyone! Something is definitely going on and it's NOT the upcoming eclipse.

14 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

My technical issue advice since you aren't asking for a critique:

When was the last time you did a checkup on your shop & read new etsy guides?

etsy likes square pics.

I see an incomplete shop which doesn't do as well as a completed shopfront. No real About, or hop announcement. I don't see shop policies at the bottom of the store.

On the listing I saw, your alphabet flag image is cut off not showing all the letters & numbers.

You don't have many listings, and even those, the first images are repeated. Show more variety.

You are in a niche market, what else can you make that is relatable to your shop vibe?

Just bits of advice & not a cure-all. 

Many shops are certainly feeling the down cycle. Many!!!

good luck to us all.

13 Likes

I’ve been here since 2012 with almost 35.000 sales, and even i got very low views and sales the past 2 weeks. It’s been going on since last year, but the past 2 weeks been terrible.

35 Likes

The only sale for weeks came a few days ago from an offsite ad and cost me 15% on top of regular fees. Been sparse sales since before Christmas. Good thing I am working on my own sales website.

10 Likes

Dear,

Please manage with social media like (Follow Etsy Success)

theprintableplus.etsy.com

Regards

1 Like

My views are down 30-40% and I went a whole week without a sale.  I've been here since 2008 and until about a month ago, was cooking along really well.  It's deeply troubling.  I don't know what they did, but March is usually a great month for me. 

24 Likes

I don't know what they did either and it's awful! 

14 Likes

Dear,

Please promote your  shop-social media regularly (Follow Etsy Success)

Regards

1 Like

Same here! Even advertising my best sellers which I never had a reason to made no difference.

16 Likes

Dear,

Please use social media  (Follow Etsy Success)

Regards

1 Like

I have been on here since 2009. My own website has all of my inventory and I started Etsy to run ads and to release inventory I no longer wanted to sell.  Last October I put my store on vacation mode as I was gone 1.5 months... I realize that was a mistake.. and I was out of my state.. too far to go back and forth. So my sales, favorites etc. are pretty much like everyone else.. even ads put me on the third page.  

7 Likes

JoAnneBassett I'm taking a vacation next month for a week and I will never put my store on vacation again after last years vacation. I plan on just saying I'm gone for those days on the announcement banner.

2 Likes

I was getting 2-3 orders per day, then everything went silent beginning the last week of February. The silence continued until the first week of March, when I started getting 1 order every other day. Over the last two weeks, it has started to recover to ~2 orders/day, but I will not beat last year's March orders or revenue. I consider this strange, because I doubled my product offerings from the same time last year. It's interesting to me that my views, visits, sales and revenue dropped right before Etsy's home sale kicked off. My products are in the Craft category, which is pretty far from home decor. Has anyone else noticed a correlation between the home sale and products the home sale would favor vs. their shop offerings? Just curious. Good luck everyone!

12 Likes

My views, visits, and revenue are down 38% compared to last year.  I've been tearing my hair out trying to play the Etsy game and it's starting to get old.  I'll go from a 10+ order day to a 1 order day (and low views/visits) right after.  Honestly, I'm beginning to think it's geofencing.

18 Likes

Same for my shop. If I go incognito mode on my browser and search for my keywords I'm just not showing up. 

11 Likes

me too =(

2 Likes

16 days without a sale and I finally got a order on a sale item.

11 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.