All of a sudden in March my sales and visits are non existent . I’ve been consistent for 3 years . Is there something going on ? 

Re: Visits and sales dropped

Came here to say the same issue. Noticed a few others shops that also have been around quite some time, and it looks like we all are going through this with low sales and views. Having 2 views has been utterly awful for my conversion rates and I usually make sales every day. I was laid off from my part-time job recently too so the issues with etsy ads to low sales and views really doesn't help right now. I want to keep blaming it on society, recession, companies going through major layoffs, issues but I have not seen it this bad in a few years.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes

Has anyone come out of this mess and back to their normal numbers?

4 Likes

No.  Sales have come to grinding halt ever since this gift mode was released in March. 

0 Likes

Betreff: Visits and sales dropped

Ich betreue drei shops hier auf etsy, 2 davon sind sehr gut etabliert und werfen genug Umsatz ab, um meinen Lebensunterhalt davon bestreiten zu können. Immer dann, wenn neue Dinge auftauchen, wie gestern der "Geschenkefinder", stehen alle shops still für mehrere Tage.

Ich hatte nun einen schlechten März, einen katastrophalen April und seit drei Tagen gar keine Verkäufe mehr in allen drei shops. Es ist egal, wie viele neue Produkte ich einstelle oder ob ich werbe, links auf Insta teile... : Wenn Etsy an der Seite bastelt, stoppen die Verkäufe! Dieses ständige Herumprobieren und Nachbessern am Algorythmus ist geschäftsschädigend. Ich muss meine Produkte anderweitig verkaufen, wenn Etsy nicht "repariert" wird und zum alten Standard zurückfindet.

1 Like

That is awful that your sales are down for all 3 shops! It doesn't make sense! I have only had 3 sales since late March=( 

I don't know why they would introduce 'gift finder'. I mean all of Etsy is for finding gifts lol. I wish they would understand not to break things that are already working and knowing what a huge impact it has on sellers. 

Let's hope for the best! hang in there. 

1 Like

I wanted to chime in to let you all know that I concur. To me, it seems like somewhere around the 1st and 2cnd of April is when things went downhill on my shop. Prior to this I would get at least 1-2 sales per day, and 4-5 on a Good day. It’s been weeks since I have had a sale at this point. I’m marketing through social media, which is something that I always do. Not sure what happened over the past month but this has been my worst month by far. 

2 Likes

This is happening to me as well. I had a good first year '23 and now nothing. I'm not getting any sales from west coast, UK and Canada which was predominantly where my jobs were coming from. Im almost at the point of moving on. It makes me mad as hard as I've worked to get this up and running. Good luck to others and let me know if you find a solution.

2 Likes

Same ! very low views and sales the past 2 weeks. Last 3 days the worst ! 

1 Like

Hello, samedi here. I had one sale a day on average. And susddenly no sales for thé past 2 weeks. Never happened since 2020. I also suspect thé New gift programme. But it gets very discouraging to work for Etsy, as you can't seem to rely on their system. Not sure what s going on but not pleased at all

0 Likes

This Year has been The Worst Views & $ales for us in 12 Years w/Etsy! Humm Wonder does it have anything to do with any of these Numerous Changes of Things:

*Search is Wonky [ Example Search: Spoon & ring boxes are Shown there also. What & Why?  Click onto Categories & it Changes your search term; Wow how Confusing for the shopper; people can't find what their Looking for?

* the Pop-Up Maybe its due to Pushy Obnoxious Buy your Fav or recently viewed item in shoppers Face, the you  X the Pop-Up,  it Continues to Pop-Up Over & Over Again. that's been discouraging? [ so shopper un Favs items for it to go Away. ]

*How many Tests we've been in already this year.

Oh don't forget the *Seo, and *Algorithms Changed Again.

*Shoppers getting Frustrated & Shop Else where?  Humm it is really exhausting & Challenging Trying to keep up with all the changes so we can be found. 

1 Like

I have had low sales since the beginning of the year.  Right now I am running at below half what I usually do no matter what I do to improve the problem.  I am looking for somewhere else to go.  I have worked very hard to become successful here and I have over 5K in sales.  Since the beginning of the year it is like I am invisible.  They appear to be blocking me from the search 90% of the time.  And some of the stuff they are doing like this pop up crap when you favor something is obviously annoying buyers and seller alike.  It is so strange also when I do get a sale it will come with a bunch and then dry up to nothing like someone blocked me from being seen again.  I am so sick of this and I need the income.  This is not a hobby for me.  If I don't sell I don't pay my bills!  

3 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

@TheCalamityHouse what are you doing to keep up with etsy changes? Image requirements especially? Those glass lamps are beautiful but difficult to see with the noisy background. It looks like a beautiful chair though and that is not what you are selling. And, Etsy likes large square images. But yeah... good luck to all of us.

0 Likes

Zero deals since 4 weeks (1st week of April). Before I had 1 or 2 sales per week, average. Visits seem to be stable so far, more or less. But not a single sale in four weeks, the 1st time at all I see this happen.

When I check my search performance in incognito mode, I type in “vintage necktie”, then immediately the search changes into “necktie” and I see not one of my items in the listing. Usually I had a few of my items on the 1st page of such search listings.

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

@maxStoetzner You have beautiful items but looking at your short titles you have not kept up with SEO. You could have been doing better than 1 to 2 sales per week. Listings with 3 or 5 tags only. and one word tags in the listings I looked at.

0 Likes

I would just like to make a comment to my helpful poster "last century".  Perhaps you did not look at all my pictures, but instead only the awful rendering of the thumbnail that etsy provides.  They are literally the only venue in the field that is  unable to properly render a thumbnail from your first image....thus we are left to try and do it for them and even then they keep changing so you never know what you will see.  No other venue I have sold on, and there are several including eBay, has an issue except here!  Way too much wasted space is around it which results in stupid images that in many cases are poor in quality.  All my regular pictures are not "noisy" and in fact I get compliments all the time on how they receive just what they saw and how happy there are with it and they return often for more lamps.  Also until the last 3 mo.  I have sold between 300 and 500 lamps a year..... on average 30 to 50 a month all with the same size pictures and the same style of background.  I also check to see how my pictures look on cell phones and computers...... no problems with scrolling because the images are too big.  No problems with blurring because they are too small.  I've been doing this since the 90's back when we had to write our own html.  The issue with this site is a problem from within and it has been getting worse and worse.  If they want more revenue then maybe they should pay a little attention to their sellers and stop experimenting on us and blocking us from the search!  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.