Videos have disappeared

My product videos are not showing anymore. Is there a sitewide problem?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
25 Replies

Re: Videos have disappeared

Mine are gone too.  They are not in the listings on the page but still in the shop manager.

Oh good golly miss molly what is Etsy doing now.  Or a glitch.

1 Like
TailoringByDebra
Conversation Maker

Oh wow you're right. They do show up inside the listing once I open the listing. And they show when hovering over in search results. But whatever they did when the square photos was set up it eliminated the videos from showing when hovering over the listing on the shop page. 

Good job noticing this, it's something etsy should know about so they can fix it.

0 Likes

I'm not seeing videos on any listings except for 'Featured Items', not on the search page or when opening a listing.

1 Like
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

I'm still seeing my videos. Maybe that's because I only have 4 different videos spread out throughout my listings.

0 Likes

@SmudgePlant   Yours only works in the feature line but not in the listing.

2 Likes
TheCrystalCoUK
Inspiration Seeker

I can’t see any videos on anyone else’s listings via the app, however if I go via browser it’s fine ? 

1 Like

Mine are missing on my Safari, not on Google.  It is so upsetting as Etsy urged us to include video so I've created over 1000 videos for my listings.  I certainly hope this is a technical issue and will be fixed. 

1 Like

@Duckwells   I'm on Edge and the videos are gone.

0 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

@Duckwells check the listing in the shop manager: mine don't show up in the public listing, but are still available.

0 Likes
Vintorious
Community Maker

Just checked mine, and yup: gone. Really hoping they come back but... 

They are still available in the listing when I pull up the shop manager, so not gone forever: just no longer available to shoppers. 

0 Likes

I'm using W11, Edge, desktop and I see the video's on the listing pages on the above shops that are not seeing them.
I also see the video's on the featured listings on the homepage of smudgeplants shop.

1 Like

I just got off the phone with customer service, they have not been told that listing videos are being taken away.  She will send a message to the technical team to investigate.

2 Likes

Yes, that was my point in posting here. I wish the developpers did proper debugging instead on waiting for complaints though. 

Edited to add this comment should appear below the "customer service didn't know" comment. Change your developers...

0 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

I'm on Firefox on my phone and I can see most shops videos.

Not seeing any in TailoringsbyDebra and only seeing what BarnFullExpressVtg is seeing in her shop.

But all other shops I've been able to see some videos.

1 Like

I came here to ask the same thing! I used Chrome web browser and I can't see any video on my shop listings but they are still the shop manager. 

I'm freaking out about the whole square photos thing because all of my photos were formatted for rectangle with text. 🥲 I hope the videos will not be affected.

1 Like

Man oh man. The amount of work I put into the 15 second videos on most of my listings is enormous and now poof! Gone, just gone. WTFreak? I noticed they're still active on my Apple iPhone, but not my laptop. What's the deal with that? On top of all that, I have yet to see an explanation from Etsy Corp as to what happened. Please communicate with the shop owners Etsy!!

2 Likes

Update 08/08/2023:

My videos are finally up and running. YAY! 

What a weird glitch. My customers never noticed it, at least the ones I spoke to. Hopefully Etsy 'IT' has it fixed for good. ...here's to hoping!

0 Likes

In Safari on the regular website, I’m seeing videos on every shop I clicked on including @FrenchVintagePrints and @JDTotesnDolls and @HobbleCreekCraftsman, along with my own. I only have one though. Could be all of you are in a new test or a glitch that’s not affecting everyone. But, some of us can still see your vids, which is good news for you. ; )

2 Likes

I see them on Chrome but not on Firefox.

0 Likes

And another example of no debugging... my comment above is a reply to the person who said they contacted customer service. The reply appears on another comment, even though when I edit it it says it's a reply to the comment about customer service. Sigh...

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Everyone's videos are not showing in search or the listings but the videos remain stored in the listings. I had to check the whole listing page to make sure Etsy didn't move them. lol.  What up Etsy? You're giving me a headache!

1 Like

I just checked again this morning; no videos (except Featured Items) are visible using Chrome, videos are showing as they should on Edge.

1 Like

Two days ago my videos were missing from my listing, but remained in edit mode.  Then they suddenly reappeared this morning, now they are gone again.  I have no idea why this is happening.

0 Likes

Tech support says it is my macs fault.  They don’t seem to know it’s happening to otgers

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.