SMAbstract
Inspiration Seeker

Variation Linked Pictures not working

I had a customer reach out asking which variation belonged to which picture. However, when I set up the listing I linked the picture with the corresponding variation. The customer did inform me that it was not working. I went and tried it myself and it wasn't working for me either.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
31 Replies

Re: Variation Linked Pictures not working

It doesn't work for me either. Like you I also can not figure out why. I've checked and double checked everything. I see for some shops it works and others it does not. I wish Etsy would work of fixing this software bug for everyone.

3 Likes
myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

So far, mine are working.

1 Like

@SMAbstract 

I just looked at a few of your keychain listings and the photos changed for each variation I selected so they appear to be working for me. I'm on my desktop in chrome. I also checked Edge and they worked fine there too. 

1 Like
SMAbstract
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you so much for doing that! It could just be a web browser issue… I’m not sure but it’s reassuring to hear that it worked for you

1 Like

I've thought that my linked pictures in variations sometimes broke but then doubted myself and relinked them.

Now I'm wondering if there are things that can cause these to break.

I've also had trouble linking pictures ... I have to remember to go all the way to the bottom of the listing and click update listing. And I've had trouble linking where there are a lot of options. Because I have to be scrolling down and its easy to accidently hit a key that causes the link pictures pane to go away ... so now I do a few at a time.

It's a great feature but does seem a bit tricky to use and maybe is a bit fragile also.

1 Like
SMAbstract
Inspiration Seeker

Yes! I think it’s definitely fragile. Thank you for replying, your input is greatly appreciated 

0 Likes

I have had this issue for literally years (ever since variations became an option). Basically the only way I know is when a client emails asking about color. Its incredibly frustrating because I cant check this on a daily basis.
I really wish Etsy would maybe consider fixing some of these broken issues.

1 Like

@ClarkandCrowley 

Unfortunately, Etsy very seldom fixes what is actually broken. On the contrary, the engineers and other geniuses who work there prefer to break what is working perfectly fine.

2 Likes
PopZooStudios
Inspiration Seeker

I have eight size and colour variations for my framed prints, but I can't select a different photo depending on wether it's black or white. For example whatever photo i select an image for '15x20 cm / 6x8″ Black' the same image gets applied to the White variation and via versa, is this a bug?

When I click 'link photos', only four size variations show and no colour, they are:

15x20 cm / 6x8″
A4 21x29.7 cm / 8x12″
30x40 cm / 12x16″
45x60 cm / 18x24″

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

0 Likes
MelodyMomentos
Inspiration Seeker

Same problem for me. On two separate shops. For some items the photo links work, and others not. I know I've set them up properly, and always check the links are working with each new listing. VERY frustrating!

1 Like

This feature has worked for me in the not so distant past. Today however, not so much. I did make the listing from a 'copy'. That's the only difference I can think of. I went back and wrote the colors right on the main picture of each.

0 Likes
PapagaioStudio
Inspiration Seeker

On the desktop, they are not working, for me. I tried both on Safari and Chrome. Now, on the Etsy mobile app, they are working. I believe most people shop from their phones these days, but we're probably losing sales from people who prefer desktops 🤷‍.

0 Likes

I use variations frequently and sometimes they are gone when I check the listing. Not sure if it's Etsy or me but the links seem to be a bit fragile.

I label my pictures so that I am not depending solely on correctly linked photos.  It also helps me keep things straight and I suspect prevent errors on both my part and the buyers.

0 Likes
beansterNL
Inspiration Seeker

This feature has always worked on all of my excising listings up till last week. Now none of my listings (which previously worked) link to their corresponding colour anymore. I don't think we can do anything about this on our end

2 Likes

I messaged Etsy support and they got back to me saying update browser, clear cookies, try upto date browsers but how we can tell this to potential customers!!?? 

Doesnt seem like this issue will be fixed so I am thinking I will have to remove variations which willl effect each of my 250 listings.

1 Like
TagTeams
Conversation Maker

This actually answers a question I’ve had for a while now.  I couldn’t understand why sellers didn’t show pix corresponding with variation for buyer clarity.  I buy from someone else when I can’t determine what I’m actually supposed to get in varied orders.  Now I feel a little guilty because it may not have been their fault.  Dang it Etsy!  Please Fix these things.

3 Likes
GemstoneBob
Inspiration Seeker

Well great. I reported this issue two days ago, (don't know how long it had been going on) sent Camilla a picture of my chosen variation photo not linking, and was told they'd look into it. Yesterday I saw a customer rep say in here that they were working on it, didn't know how long it would take. I cleared cookies and did all that, am using one of the "preferred browsers". Hopefully it gets taken care of before we lose too much business

1 Like

The variation photos are not working in my shop. I spend a lot of time taking the photos and linking them to the selection drop down. How do you get them to work again in my shop?

1 Like
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

I have noticed at times a few of my linked items were not showing, it seemed to happen on older listings. Good idea to check every once in a while.

0 Likes

Mine are working. Have you tried editing it using the old listing format to see if it will link them correctly then?

0 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

Linked photos aren't working when I look on my desktop using Safari browser. When I look via Seller app on my phone it works fine.

0 Likes
CuriosityCabinet
Conversation Maker

Just tried looking on my phone with Safari and it worked that way too.

0 Likes
BluKatDesign
Conversation Maker

I forgot to mention I think it is my Safari browser that does not work well with Etsy!

0 Likes

My variation pictures are not working either.  I haven't checked them in awhile. Silly me!  I am using the old format and it doesn't appear to be working for me.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.