Since we're being forced to use the new app soon, I'm trying to get used to uploading on it. But it won't upload photos from my phone. It'll only accept a photo if I take it with the camera at the time of listing. This isn't going to work for me. I don't take my photos at the time of listing, I take them ahead of time. 

Is anyone else having this issue or knows of a way to fix it?

Re: Uploading Photos on new app

Jump to solution

Same issue.. Etsy chat help was no help as usual.

They recommend using laptop to edit listings which is not useful as I use my phone to upload pics.

I'm going to continue using the old app for the photos and will keep doing so until it no longer works.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
12 Likes

Jump to solution

Sadly, it no longer works now. Would be nice if they would open it up again until this is fixed.

7 Likes

Jump to solution

Same - won't upload my pre-edited photos on my phone. On the old app, I can upload ten in one swoop, so until that goes, I'm usingstaying with it, then it will be bye bye app and back to laptop for new listings (using the new form which takes ages to upload photos from my phone)

7 Likes

Jump to solution

i bookmark the listing page though my phone brower then add the new listing. App doesn't work right

5 Likes

Jump to solution

Just to complicate things, I now received what I think is a message from Etsy stating that the old app will disappear as soon as 5/23. Now I’m wondering if I need to respond to this message somehow, but can’t find it anywhere. Great. Now the new app may cause me to lose star seller. Thanks Etsy….another fine mess you’ve gotten me into. P.S. maybe you could also make the photos under the listings tab larger, you know, so I CAN ACTUALLY SEE THEM?

5 Likes

Jump to solution

If it's from Etsy directly, I don't think that will count towards your message count for SS status so no need to reply. It may have been just a system message as well.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@BirthdayGoodiesShop @Thanks for the reassurance!….but I wish I had the 15 minutes back that I spent looking for the stupid message. I always feel like Etsy is setting us up to fail and I’m under water with Etsy throwing me an anvil instead of a life preserver. Lol.

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I got that too.  It was a system message.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Kindly know that the team is currently investigating an issue where some sellers are unable to upload a photo on a listing. I've made sure to add all of your reports to their on-going investigation so they have more information to work with. At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved but please be assured that we prioritize issues based on the impact to our members.

Thank you very much!

19 Likes

Jump to solution

It takes me twice as long to add a listing.  Why in the world was the old app abolished when there are so many glitches with the new one.  I am no longer able to add photo's from my phone.  Have to USB my phone to the desk top and do 2-3 steps before I can add pictures. 

32 Likes
DirtRoadBooks
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I’m having problems uploading photos with the new AP as well, on my iPhone and iPad.  (The old AP worked great). It takes a VERY LONG time for each photo to upload, IF THEY UPLOAD AT ALL.  I reached out to Etsy over a week ago and was told the tech team would contact me but I haven’t heard from anyone yet.  Please help us now Etsy…we want to list. 

15 Likes
SharingOurStash
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I hope you can fix this soon. It is making it very difficult to list new items. I take my photos first and edit them on my phone. I try to add them to my new listing and I get an error message. I loved the way the old app worked. If you can't fix this soon, can you at least bring back the old app until this is resolved?

15 Likes

Jump to solution

Still not working today- why isn't this HUGE glitch fixed??

8 Likes

Jump to solution

Am also not able to upload photos from my phone. Not liking the new app at all. Costing me time and money.

6 Likes
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Wouldn't this have been picked up in testing?

2 Likes
LeVintageSeul
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This desperately needs to be fixed! It's hard not to be furious that the old, functioning app was closed before a serious issue such as this has been resolved. I'm going through the same thing as all these other people and it greatly affects my ability to work efficiently!

6 Likes

Jump to solution

Is there anyway to get the old app back while your fixing these issues?

4 Likes
LolaJaneVtg
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

What is the process for reporting this to Etsy. Also having the same issue and don't have the option to use old app? Can someone break it down step by step. I prefer to do this online not on the phone if possible.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Its a very buggy app

4 Likes
DirtRoadBooks
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Also having the same problem with photos not uploading or taking hours 🤦🏼‍

2 Likes
BipAlongBug
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Issue should be a high priority based on comments here. We don't get photos uploaded for listings we don't make money and guess what Etsy, neighter do you.

4 Likes
BarbraMusicShoes
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I hate this new app. EVERYTHING takes longer to do, and the way it’s set up, one can’t be sure if your step is complete. Using photos is impossible!! This isn’t POSHMARK- we don’t take a quick shot while we’re listing. 
Please, please go back to the devious way of listing. This is impossible. Why does Etsy make EVERYTHING SO DIFFICULT. WHO’S BRILLIANT IDEA WAS IT TO CHANGE LISTING STEPS. Newer isn’t always better, and thus new app is a total time waster.  Other sites for we creative ones to use?? 

7 Likes

Jump to solution

I was able to load photos for the past week but today I have not been able to load them!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

YOOHOO ETSY is anyone listening to our comments? Why hasn't it been fixed?

6 Likes
WhitecloudArt
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  I need to upload new listings.  Very frustrating.

4 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.