Since we're being forced to use the new app soon, I'm trying to get used to uploading on it. But it won't upload photos from my phone. It'll only accept a photo if I take it with the camera at the time of listing. This isn't going to work for me. I don't take my photos at the time of listing, I take them ahead of time. 

Is anyone else having this issue or knows of a way to fix it?

Re: Uploading Photos on new app

Jump to solution

Not to mention, OUR SHOPS ARE STILL A MESS!!  PHOTOS CUT OFF, ALL RUN TOGETHER, NO TEXT OR PRICES.  In addition to the new app being useless.  And from Etsy.. crickets.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes

Jump to solution

Still can't add photos after over a month, being forced to switch to this app.  Hello Etsy, are you working on t his??

7 Likes

Jump to solution

Hi! So you have to select each photo individually. The first photo will upload after awhile. Go in and select the second photo. Nothing will happen/no buffering. Go in and select the same photo and it will upload. It’s worked for me. It’s crazy the wide range of difficulties people are experiencing while others are not, but the photo uploading has me in a funk. Also the drop bars are janky. I don’t know why they did this  

2 Likes

Jump to solution

So you have to upload each photo individually. The first one will upload after awhile, and then you can select the second photo. Nothing will happen, but if you go in again and select the same photo it will upload. It is such a hassle. I have no idea why this app exists. The video feature is what’s new? So they can have reels/influencer people selling subscriptions that folks don’t need? Etsy trying to sell us unwanted borderline scammy stuff is a It’s just a bummer that they gave us an app that I don’t believe was beta tested at all. I wish they could have used that brain power to figure out how to scrub away the drop shippers, and people who steal copyrighted material. -sigh- 

7 Likes

Jump to solution

The new app doesn't work at all for me to upload photos. I have tried almost every day since inception to see if anything changes. One day I successfully uploaded ONE photo and then it never worked again. I get a message to report this to Etsy and I have over and over. Very, very frustrating that this is what they consider an improvement. I have to go to Etsy.com on my IPhone to upload photos and create new listings and it takes forever but it works. 

7 Likes

Jump to solution

This was happening to me all the time. I was using the HD (64MP) setting for my photos and switched (reluctantly) to a lower resolution setting. The photos aren't as crisp but most of the time they upload....if slowly.   Quite frustrating, since the old site was so fast and easy. 

8 Likes

Jump to solution

It’s apparent from Etsy’s first post/reply that the “help” desk or personages are from India.  Starting off with the word “KINDLY” is a tip off.  
Is this a large part of Etsys problem? 
Strange  that one day I can get photos up and two items listed … come back the next day and it’s back to the pop up notice of PLEASE CONTACT ETSY HELP IF THIS PROBLEM PERSISTS.  

PLEASE GIVE US BACK THE OLD LISTING APP.       So frustrating.  Shall we be forced to go elsewhere? 

9 Likes
ThirdRoomVintage
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I, too, am just dead in the water. Can't get photos to upload from the app or from my computer. Why are they always trying to fix something that isn't broken?

I just opened my shop a few weeks ago and I guess I'll never move beyond my single sale now. I've had other shops here over the years and dealt with issues before, but this is the worst it's ever been.

Get it together, Etsy!

8 Likes

Jump to solution

I just tried "chatting" with someone at Etsy, about the fact that it has been 2 months and still can't add photos.  Chat person had no clue what I was talking about or how to answer.  I just can't believe such a big platform can't fix this for sellers.

10 Likes
BayouReNoux
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I too just chatted AGAIN! I was told they would add my concerns to the “fix it” ticket so the technicians could have more information to work from.  I am hoping for this to be resolved soon!! Etsy-please! 

5 Likes

Jump to solution

I’m still having the same issue. Contacted Etsy Support and no resolution.

6 Likes
DehavenGoldsmith
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

It’s just glitches - it all works - just keep listing and don’t listen to the glitch 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This is getting completely ridiculous. I feel like they are wanting to lose sellers.

4 Likes
DehavenGoldsmith
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Just ignore all the warning signs that it won’t work and list - it works also the video works as well - it just says it won’t work - all I have is my phone as well 

0 Likes
OrderOfSaints
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm not sure of the technical wording for it, but the old app was probably transmitted to us/hosted by another company's platform, which has probably been discontinued, such that Etsy probably couldn't use the old app anymore even if they wanted to. The date the other company stopped maintaining their platform would have been the last day those apps would have worked, kind of like how you can't play a VHS tape in a DVD player. Etsy would have always known that this could happen, and should have had a replacement app ready to go, or at least as close to ready as they could make it, if they somehow didn't know what the new host would be like.

2 Likes
DehavenGoldsmith
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

YES! Just ignore it and keep listing and it will work 

0 Likes
ClutchHutchFinds
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Following because its been awhile since I have uploaded pictures and I am struggling.  I am able to do it, but I have to photograph the item 2xs????  I rebooted my phone and the ap and still the same problem.  The primary photo loads (slowly) but every photo after that - when I click on "use photo" it doesn't work until I take the photo again.  Waste of time for sure.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I hate to tell you this, but I changed in my Android for the newest Iphone 14, and pictures now load fast, like before.  

2 Likes
DehavenGoldsmith
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Just upload as usual - it says you cannot do it - but proceed on the phone and it actually works - it just says it doesn’t work but it does 

0 Likes
BipAlongBug
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I created a few listings last week. I copied an existing listing and was able to upload photos.  As many of us probably do, I usually tap, tap my photos to upload (meaning I do it quick). In creating these listings I have chosen my photos more slowly, tap, pause, tap, pause and so on and I was able to load my photos.

Also, I have only been able to create listings by copying an existing listing, not creating a new one. When I tried to create a new listing I got kicked out of the app.  Copying and then creating a listing is a pain though if the new listing you are trying to create is in no way similar to the one you are copying. This is by no means ideal, but has been workable for me to date.

This all said, now the gods of chaos will probably make sure that no method works and I will be back adrift in the boat of no listing creation.  

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I am also unable to upload photos from my phone.  I had no problems with the old app.  

4 Likes
Mrscaptainsplace
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I’m having the same problem , I can load them from my computer but now with the new app I can’t get them off my phone . Very frustrating 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Oh this is just Ducky!  I was about to start listing again.  I don't have a smart phone.  My husband takes all of my photos with his Cannon Digital Camera, works them in Photo Shop and places them in my photo file for listing.  It's how we have been doing this since 2008.  I guess I will not be using Etsy's new listing tool.  Am I sad..... NOPE!!!!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@SavvyFamilyCreations: You can do everything you need to (and possibly with less aggravation) via your mobile browser.

1 Like

Jump to solution

It’s completely awful that we have to though.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.