IvorycastleAU
Inspiration Seeker

Uploaded item not showing in Etsy Buyer app

Hi, I have uploaded my first item to Etsy sellers page but can't find it when we do a search. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies
TBQSC
Community Maker

Re: Uploaded item not showing in Etsy Buyer app

Listings sometimes take awhile to be "publicly viewable" ... try looking again in a bit ... if nothing shows within 24 hours, try doing an internal search to see if you're indexed. 

ETA ... Currently I see 2 listings in your shop, and when I do a search for "clock", your dried flower resin table clock listing is showing, so you are definitely indexed.

0 Likes
IvorycastleAU
Inspiration Seeker

Thankyou so much yes they are now showing up in the shop. thanks for the quick reply

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

What search terms are you using when searching for your item?

How many other items are returned?

Your item will start towards the back of search results and move up in rank gradually as Etsy works out where to place it for those keywords. I can take a few days to weeks to reach its final ranking spot, and then that can change daily according to the competition.

0 Likes

@IvorycastleAU: Keep in mind that if everyone on this forum searched for the exact same phrase they would all get different results. Because of "personalized searches" you can NOT rely on anyone's search results to define how your listing is ranked. There are many many factors that affect listing placement and the relative weight of each factor probably changes constantly. Even exact word matches to your title no longer ensure that you will appear on page 1. Your listing may be appearing on page 251 and Etsy is only showing the first 250 pages to the world.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.