Unrealistic Ship Dates are KILLING US!

Dear Etsy...

We have got to address the "Arrives soon! Get it by April 11-16 if Ordered Today"!!! Buyers are taking this algorithim at it's WORD and it's not correct according to the "create" time for handmade according to each individual shop

I just shipped an order today, April 5, and it just showed my buyer that it will be delivered April 6-April 13??? Whaaat? USPS Ground Advantage gets more expensive and slower and slower... This delivery time beginning April 6th is IMPOSSIBLE! 

I am lucky that my buyer saw the shipping confirmation and she contacted me to see if we could expedite the shipping to meet her birthday deadline! Otherwise, the order would have arrived AFTER the birthday! She had based her original order on the time frame that Etsy gave her when she placed her order which was also NOT REALISTIC.

Etsy, I'm hoping that you read this post and will change the algorithm to be realistic. I am well aware what our buyers want and, yes, they like quick delivery. However, with that said, there are still some tried and true buyers out there that appreciate "handmade" and expect it to take a little time on the creation end!

Please, Etsy, work with your sellers on this... We need your help!!!

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Unrealistic Ship Dates are KILLING US!

Change your processing time.  That should fix the problem for you.

3 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

This is what happens when a company that has never, ever, ever, ever, shipped a single thing ...

.... decides it knows more than someone who has shipped thousands of things.

4 Likes

"She had based her original order on the time frame that Etsy gave her when she placed her order which was also NOT REALISTIC." The delivery estimates are based on several factors. If you offer express upgrades, that will be the low-end estimate a customer sees when they first look at the item. That estimate will later change depending on the day you actually ship, the method used, the carrier's current status on that route, and your shipping history. 

You control the range they see before purchase through your processing time and shipping options. https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001922768-How-to-Set-Up-Estimated-Delivery-Dates?segment=... Etsy does control changing the carrier estimates and using your shipping history. 

2 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Even shipping via Priority Mail would not get it there by the 6th!  Hopefully your buyer understands that!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.