Unable to share listng to facebook shop page

I have a facebook shop page. I like to post new listings there as I get views and sales from customers. I try copying the url with my mouse but when I try to put it on facebook a photo of a different item shows up!! Weird

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
9 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Unable to share listng to facebook shop page

That has been happening now and then for years. Wait a while and try again. 

0 Likes

Make sure that you don't have something else on your clipboard that is being pasted instead of what you think is. After you copy the url, open a google page and paste the url there. See what it pulls up.

1 Like

Yup me too I am only able to share from Etsy to fb story 

0 Likes

@LunaEssence  @FelinesFabricFriends 

You should be able to share a link to that page on facebook by going to your store (not your dashboard), and click on the listing to open it. Then in the upper lefts side of your screen you should see social media icons for sharing. You many be required to log in to facebook or any other site you want to paste to. However, you should be able to do that here. 

I am including a link to a screenshot I took of one of my products so you can see what I am talking about.  To make it work here I had to put some extra spaces in so you will need to remove the extra spaces and paste the URL in a window.

https: // i.im.ge/ 2024/04/26/Z90zx8.Capture.jpeg

0 Likes

Here is the weird thing happening. In my shop I have two identical knit shawls, one blue and one cream. The blue one is my new listing. I tried using that share to facebook icon you mentioned. The weird thing is if I share it the photo of the old cream shawl is shared instead if the new blue shawl!!! The listing title and the description are of the new blue shawl but it shows the cream shawl first photo!! In ten years I have never seen this error.

0 Likes

@FelinesFabricFriends I am at a loss here. I have never heard of that happening before. I am afraid I am out of ideas.

Do let us know if you ever find a solution.

0 Likes

Here is what showed up on my shop facebook page cream photo instead of blue. Is this a Facebook error?

https://www.facebook.com/FelinesFabricFriends/

0 Likes

Yep, it shows the cream on facebook but when I clicked the facebook link it took me to the blue one on Etsy.

Try posting this instead https://www.etsy.com/listing/1647862704

0 Likes

Nope, still made cream shawl pic show up. Very strange. It is probably facebook's fault. Maybe I can report it to facebook. I once had some issue on my fb shop page and amazingly they fixed it.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.