Help me please.

I tried setting up a refund to a customer at the wrong place and ended up creating a refund for every order any customer make for any item forever. I cannot afford to run my shop now and Etsy is not allowing me to remove the promotion either. I have put my shop in vacation mode because I cannot afford to sale even one item now.  Unfortunately, like all tech companies, Etsy also has no contact info, support email id or a contact us form to get help from them. Can someone help me resolve this and remove/ deactivate the promo?

KAYDEE3D
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Unable to delete promo code. Can't operate store anymore

Yes, I had a chat with the chat bot this morning. Let me see what happens.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Have you tried a different browser or device?

Is this an app glitch?

If it is only some stores affected, you might have luck using a different device or operating system.

1 Like
nineteen27
Community Maker

i tried explaining this a few times now.

Abandoned cart Promo:

Send an offer when someone leaves an item from your shop in their cart. Offer expires 60 days after it’s sent.

so... the promo code will not expire until 60 days after the last customer received one.

there is a button that says... stop sending... and once you push that... the button will not appear again... just know that there is a glitch in the system where etsy continues to send out the promo code for a few days after you ask them to stop but they do stop.

etsy is aware and are working on it.

Thank you Promo:

Send an offer to a buyer after their order ships, to thank them for their business. Offer expires 1 year after it’s sent.

same as the abandoned cart promo except it expires after ONE YEAR and not 60 days.

you cannot deactivate these which makes sense... because sellers would send out a code at 9:00am and then deactivate the code at 9:01am so the customers would never be able to use them.  

1 Like

l (unfortunately) started an abandoned cart promo in December and it is still running without any way to turn it off. Etsy is being hollowed out from the inside by the greed robots. 

0 Likes
KawinekoShop
Inspiration Seeker

"At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved but please know that we prioritize issues based on the impact to our members."

They are doing nothing. 

4 Likes

mendacious corporate doublespeak.

0 Likes

All active promo codes should have a 'deactivate code' at the bottom of the details page. If you are not seeing that then the code may not be active. Does it have a grey background in your Sales and Discounts listing page?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.