TheFunctionCreep
Inspiration Seeker

Unable to buy postage to Poland

I am unable to purchase shipping labels through Etsy for orders to Poland.

After being in contact with Etsy support, the reason given for this is "postage restrictions due to covid", yet my courier, Royal Mail, has no such restrictions and I am able to purchase postage outside of Etsy to Poland without issue.

This wouldn't normally be an issue, however, due to Etsy's Star Seller criteria, I get penalised for not buying shipping through Etsy for orders over a certain value due to my courier's chosen service not providing tracking numbers.

Etsy support advised me to purchase shipping outside of Etsy (and run into the aforementioned Star Seller problem), or cancel and refund orders to Poland, but I don't think that is an acceptable solution to this problem.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
6 Likes
5 Replies
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Re: Unable to buy postage to Poland

why don't your purchase shipping label with tracking outside Etsy? And just enter the tracking number?

I would never compromise my customer service because of the SS programme nonsense

3 Likes

This is one of many unacceptable things Etsy makes us deal with... I could give you a list of 10 unacceptable business practices like this.

5 Likes
ToyJunki
Inspiration Seeker

I STILL have this issue and have had it for 2 years. This is an Etsy issue. They just don’t want to be bothered with figuring it out.

1 Like
NLDCUSTOMZ
Inspiration Seeker

I'm in the same boat.if Etsy refuses to make a shipping to Poland or any other country they should not let us sell to that country. Because it's a royal pain in the a** to buy postage from another service when they charge them a lesser price for Betsy to ship.   Example. Betsy charged them $30 for shipping and ups wants to charge me $60 to ship it.  I would lose $30 shipping the item off site.  Insane

0 Likes

And the Poland order situation continues!  Sold the customer postage, and then grays out the purchase option on my end.  When I asked the chat service about it they blamed it on "automation" and that there wasn't necessarily anything wrong with the address the customer put in, or the concept of international orders, just an unknowable reason in the automation.  That's wild.  I wonder if something happened with their international order courier and maybe that service is non-grata in Poland and it's easier to keep the service and pull this on Poland orders than actually sort it out.  Ah well Ce La Etsy, time to wild out at USPS.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.