talltalekids
Inspiration Seeker

Uh oh! Something went wrong - please try again

Been seeing this for about 6 hours now, anyone else?

When I try to list, this appears along the top: Uh oh! Something went wrong - please try again

Again, all day. Had a listings to publish today, sadly, cannot.

I've tried different browsers (in case that was the problem), still nothing.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
11 Likes
28 Replies

Re: Uh oh! Something went wrong - please try again

@talltalekids:Are you experiencing this using an Etsy app (on which operating system) or via mobile browser or desktop browser (which browser and operating system)? And "old" listing form or "new"?

0 Likes
talltalekids
Inspiration Seeker

desktop, old listing form.

I can list on my D&R Photos Shop.

But not my Tall Tale Kids Shop.

0 Likes

Yep, same for me, Little frustrating, cannot even save draft

6 Likes
talltalekids
Inspiration Seeker

same here...no drafts

3 Likes
MarieMichaudArt
Inspiration Seeker

Same here, on a desktop using the old listing form as always...

4 Likes

I am trying to add listings today as well and I've noticed my "sections" area has disappeared but when I look at my shop front the sections are still all there, so I don't know what is going on. I am having to put in all my section titles again when adding a new item.

0 Likes
talltalekids
Inspiration Seeker

wow. what is happening today? I sell on other sites...Etsy has the most issues it seems.

4 Likes

Me too, I added one listing...then could not add any more. 

3 Likes

Yes!!! Super annoying! I tried a few different ways to create a listing, checked my files, made sure every necessary field was filled, and STILL got that message! Then it dawned on me that maybe it's an Etsy issue and now I'm here! Glad I'm not the only one experiencing this.

4 Likes

UPDATE: After an hour of waiting, I decided to use the new version of creating a listing and it published. Not a fan though of it. I like the old version. I have a routine. Don't like change. Blah blah blah. Lol.

4 Likes

Yes, same thing has been going on for me. I'm on desktop and have tried two different browsers with no luck. 

I was able to publish new listings earlier today, this is so annoying -_- 

3 Likes

I have been having the same issue most of the day. Just now I switched over to the new listing format and didn't get the dreaded "oh oh" message. BTW...I like the old format so much more.

5 Likes

Having the same issue - was working fine earlier today, but now am getting the "uh-oh" message....

2 Likes

Just tried using the new listing version - unable to crop photos using that while listing - tells you to return to old version - did that - still can't list.

2 Likes

Just did the same JRJRdesigns! And it did publish - so maybe this is Etsy's way of just forcing us to make the switch. Definitely not a fan of the new lay out - I DO like the new way of adjusting the thumbnail, but do not like the rest of it. Feels very messy and busy - the old version has a much "cleaner" easier on the eyes format.

4 Likes

I was able to create a listing tonight with the new listings version on iPad. But it is taking me a while to get used to using the new format.

2 Likes

I had the same problem and was getting very, very frustrated!  I was in the old version and tried multiple times.  Finally thought, f*** it, I'll use the new version.  I still could not upload my new listing!!  I think I'll just come back in the morning and call it a day.  

3 Likes

Update. I was using the new version and thought it wasn't working as I couldn't find the new listing on my dashboard.  It was live....I just couldn't see it.  

I'm not normally one for change but now that I've used the new version, it's ok and has improved on some of the issues.

0 Likes

Someone suggested switching to the new version in another post and that got it to work for me. Guess I don't have the option to use the form I prefer anymore, thanks Etsy! 

1 Like

I have been trying since yesterday to add a listing. I just opened my shop and only have one listing. Have been trying to list a second since yesterday morning. I have digital products and the new version of listing doesn't offer the option to add files to my listing. I have gotten the uh-oh error many times since yesterday trying to add one listing. ive tried on desktop and on phone, both new and old listing versions. Not happy with Etsy. 

2 Likes

And you have checked the 'digital item' at the beginning?  Sometimes it's so hard to know if it's an operator error or if Etsy is having problems!

I hope you get it worked out soon.  And welcome to Etsy!  Bloody hell, I've been here since 2007! 

1 Like
DomAndHyo
Inspiration Seeker

Looks like they've decided to be like other companies and force you to use their new version/app one way or another. Wasn't working for me with the old version and voila! new listing version uploaded just fine lol.

1 Like

I can not either! I´m trying from my pc and laptop and nothing

1 Like

I'm getting so fed up. Since switching to the new blue seller app I have only been able to publish a few new listings. I've tried yesterday and today to create a listing several times and every single time I get half way through the description the page goes blank and the spinning circle appears in the center of the screen and never goes away. There is nothing I can do. I can't go back, I can't save what I have so far as a draft. I just lost it all and have to start over knowing it will just happen again. I haven't like this new app since I first had the opportunity to try it out last year. There are so many issues with it. I realize I could use my laptop to list but I prefer to do it from my phone because that's where my photos are. speaking of photos, I assume I am not the only one who has a problem rearranging photos in the app when "attempting" to create a new listing.

I CAN'T SELL IF I CAN'T LIST 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.