True or scam

Hello,

I received this message today and I think most likely is a scam since I they are asking for my email address but wanted to check here, maybe someone else had this too?

Thanks a lot,

Roxana

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

Re: True or scam

SCAM! Put it into your spam folder

1 Like

Hello,
I was asked to make a verification that costs 200 euros. It really sounds like a scam. I have received a message that is supposed to be from Etsy but it does not appear in the section "From Etsy". They said I have one order placed from a buyer but they need to verify my card and I need to have at least 200 euros. That's too much. Very probable it's a scam, isn't it?

0 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

@TheFantasticDesigns  You have no orders showing in your shop.  This is a scam.  Nothing needs to be verified and no-one needs your email address.  Everything to do with orders is  automated on Etsy.  If you had an order, it will show on your shop front page and in your Dashboard.

Edited to Add:  Make sure you send any messages like this to your Spam folder. Do not interact with these people.

1 Like

Sorry, I thought I can add a photo but can't. So basically it says my shop is on hold for orders until I send my email address 

0 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

Yes, it is definitely a scam.  I can look at your shop - it is not on hold.  Etsy already have your email address so they don't need it.

1 Like

We honestly didn't need to see it. We all already know/knew whatever you were going to share was a scam. There's dozens of posts in here asking about the legitimacy of messages every single day. They're all scams. 

1 Like
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

Take a little time every day to check the forums for great info!  You will see hundreds of posts about scams which have been going on over the last few months and if ever you are not sure, do what you have just done, and post on the forums.  There are always older sellers here to help you if you are unsure.  Any messages you receive from Etsy via your shop will be in the Etsy email folder which was recently added to our messages.

0 Likes

1 Like

Ecommerce needs to do an update, since that story was from Aug. since this is still a HUGE problem on etsy and it seems to be getting worse. 

1 Like

1 Like
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

it's easy pickings here for them.  they aren't going to stop.

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.