Former_Member
Not applicable

Transfer draft listing from Printify to Etsy ?

Jump to solution

I have problems with transfer a draft listing created on Printify to Etsy.

I have seen a lot of youtube videos where people create a listing on Printify and click "Save draft" and then the listing is sent to Etsy as a draft. Nothing happens when I do it.

But when I on Printify click "Publish", the listing is then transfered to Etsy and is published, and I have to pay the 20 cents.

Is it only possible to transfer a listing from Printify to Etsy when you click "Publish" and not "Save draft" ?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Transfer draft listing from Printify to Etsy ?

Jump to solution

click the button that says "hide this listing" or something to that effect.

saving as a draft only saves it as a draft. you click the button to "hide" the listing, and click publish. that pushes it to etsy as draft.

View solution in original post

10 Likes
10 Replies
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yes, you must publish to send to Etsy.

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks. I have just seen many youtube videos where people create a draft in Printify and sent it to Etsy, where it ends up under "Draft".

1 Like

Jump to solution

click the button that says "hide this listing" or something to that effect.

saving as a draft only saves it as a draft. you click the button to "hide" the listing, and click publish. that pushes it to etsy as draft.

10 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks I'll try and see if it works for me

0 Likes
LWSEnterprise
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I see where on the product edit page it says "Hide in store". So I clicked that. Then clicked "Publish" at the bottom. Yes! It did send it to Etsy as a draft. Exciting. Now for my part two, how do I merge it with an existing listing? Help?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LWSEnterprise--

theres no way to actually merge it, technically, actually merge it - so thats its set for automatic fulfillment......but you can take the SKU numbers printify has generated and add them in as variations on another listing. so manually sort of merge it, but now there will be a manual step.

on printify there is two tabs for orders, one is your regular automated orders...the other is "other orders"....and so you have to seek out that second tab and find the other orders. see it will track all orders in your store, and most you want it to ignore. but if you add in SKU numbers together in the variations....you can add in listings that are in draft form at etsy, add the variations drop down menu, say offer it in different colors or whatever other variation you want to merge into one listing. but then there will be a manual step - you will want to seek out "other orders, find it and manually send it for production.

sorry if any of that is confusing, its not too hard just tedious, and you want to get the SKU number right, to make it easier to find. basically - you can merge listings, but then you will have to manually go in to push them to production.

0 Likes
HOLRosemary
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Printify is connected, but I can't see any of my Printify products.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@HOLRosemary  - you might have a more significant issue, but if you cant see your printify products in your etsy listings, maybe you arent clicking "Publish" ?

As established by the thread, saving as a draft does not push it to etsy.

it only puts the listings in your etsy shop when you click on publish, and that will publish it as an active listing (you will be charged and it will be active).

but if you go through the boxes and options at the printify listing form, theres one that say "hide". i think it says "hide in store". if you check this box, and then click on the bottom "Publish" -- it will push it to etsy as draft. you can mess with it and add tags and go over the pictures and everything, as a draft.

i would then go back to printify and unclick the "hide in store" box, click publish again once you are ready to make it active but i am unsure that makes a difference. it might show up in "other orders" then, instead of be automatically filled.....so thats why i go back to printify once its ready to be published as an active listing.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I have tried using Save as Draft when I'm not ready to send to etsy... may have questions on it (being a newbie) or need answers about something else and am not ready to publish. Only problem is when I return the next day all the work I did and all my drafts are gone... *Poof* just like that and I have to start all over from the beginning. Right now for the life of me I can't find ANYONE or Any reference to how long a draft can be saved. When I did this the other night I came back a day or 2 later and it shows 0 products, I see no way to go to the Draft Vault wherever that may be. Help me Obi-wan Kenobi You're my only Hope

0 Likes
ZanyLife
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Hello everyone, I'm new to this and was stumped by the draft vs publish from Printify to Etsy. Thanks so much for the help.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.