Tracking not updating (again)

I just had a customer message me asking when her item would ship.  I took her package and another one to the USPS post office on Wed July 5th.  Tracking says USPS is still waiting for package.  What on earth is going on?  Now the customer thinks I haven't sent it out yet.  I know there have been tracking problems before as many have posted about it.  Are we having another round with this issue?  

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
14 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Tracking not updating (again)

Did you check the USPS web site or just your shop?

0 Likes

I checked both and USPS is not showing them as having been accepted either.  See my further reply below.

0 Likes

@LookBackVintage: Was the package scanned and what is usps.com saying the package status is? If usps.com is showing at least "accepted", make sure that the shipped date, tracking number and shipping company show correctly on the actual order. If usps.com does not show any scans for the package you will need to talk to the postal facility where you dropped off the package.

2 Likes
ACertainFeel
Conversation Maker

I don't believe this is an Etsy issue but an issue with your particular order. Is the other order you brought that day tracking? I have found smaller boxes and sometimes padded envelopes take longer to get scanned. 

0 Likes

Neither one is showing that they have been accepted at the USPS so it's most likely a problem with them.  I stopped getting them scanned about a year ago when the shipping fiasco of 2021 finally straightened itself out.  There's always a long line at the PO, so I usually just drop off.  That's the beauty of printing a label online.  At least that was the beauty.  I know the clerks there so I guess I'm going to have to go in and talk to them.  Maybe it will sort itself out before I make the trip there.  Ugh, I hate having to wait in line to get packages scanned.  Thanks for the advice everyone.

1 Like

Oh for crying out loud, my second post was supposed to nest under Nana Letha's post.  I guess nesting is still not working right either.

1 Like
bradgoodell
Community Maker

@LookBackVintage Try this to fix the nesting issue:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/user-preferences:linear-format

try this forum settings link

first option

Linear Format: Sorting order within topics           Threaded

save changes at the bottom.

0 Likes

Thanks Brad Goodell.  I made the change and now we will see if it nests properly.  Here goes

0 Likes

@bradgoodell thanks for the info.  I changed my setting but I still did somthing wrong because my reply nested under JDs post.  Let's see if this works 

0 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

I feel for you.  My post office hasn't been really consistent either.  We've been going through a chain of new postal carriers and every time we get one that is reliable, they transfer them to another route and we get the newbie who screws up regularly and quits.  

0 Likes

Did you get a receipt?  What I do is use the kiosk that gets me my receipt and first scan.  I then check later in the day to make sure the scan happened.  It always has so far.  Knock on wood.

If your post office is not scanning talk to the postal supervisor.  They are required to scan.  It is mandatory.

IF the post office did not show accepted, they did not scan at all.

0 Likes

You can send in a complaint which will be sent to the postal supervisor if you don't want to talk to them.

0 Likes

I didn't get a receipt.  The purpose of printing a label on line is so that I don't have to stand in a line every time I need to ship something.  However, I'm going to have to suck it up and do this if these kinds of problems are going to start happening again.  

0 Likes

Nesting isn't working even after I changed my setting.  I've got two posts under JD's that was supposed to post under @bradgoodell.  Doggone it!  I will quit trying now

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.