Tracking info typed incorrectly (9 instead of 0) still shows pre transit, No edit available

Jump to solution

Per speaking with Chat, I would like to adjust a tracking info number that was typed incorrectly. Package has been delivered 7/6/2022 and customer left a 5-star review. The tracking number that is Incorrectly listed and still showing in completed orders as pre transit is #950551560(9)482187394756. It should read #9505515600482187394756. This changed my star seller status. I am unable to Edit this to correct the number. What can I do to resolve this?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Tracking info typed incorrectly (9 instead of 0) still shows pre transit, No edit available

Jump to solution

Hey There!

Sellers only have three days to make changes to the tracking number or shipping carrier. If you need to correct the information after 3 days, you can re-add the tracking information instead of editing it. It will be showing two tracking information but you can advise the buyer about the correct tracking information. You can check our help center article explaining how to add or edit a tracking number.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Tracking info typed incorrectly (9 instead of 0) still shows pre transit, No edit available

Jump to solution

I had the same issue last year and discovered that the tracking # can only be changed by Etsy and only within 2 days.  If it has been 2 days since the package was mailed (or specifically, it was marked "sent") then they can no longer change it.  To avoid this in the future, I've taken to copying and pasting the tracking # from the original tracking site.  If you're already on chat with them, that's the place to be to ask for assistance.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

So it will say pre transit forever?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Unfortunately it does - the one I had from the fall is still in "pre transit" status, but I know she received the package months ago.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

Chat said they can leave feedback to tech. but cannot change status

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hey There!

Sellers only have three days to make changes to the tracking number or shipping carrier. If you need to correct the information after 3 days, you can re-add the tracking information instead of editing it. It will be showing two tracking information but you can advise the buyer about the correct tracking information. You can check our help center article explaining how to add or edit a tracking number.

Thanks!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.