LINAHOPES
Inspiration Seeker

This may help if your shop was put on pause due to tax info verification

Hi everyone I wanted to share a detailed explanation what happened and how I un-paused my shop after it was put into vacation mode due to the tax ID verification in hopes that it will help someone. 

I input all of my information into the required fields and then submitted and was given two notifications from Etsy with conflicting messages about the info being verified. My shop was then paused and I was given the option to reinput for verification.

After this I scoured the forums for a few hours and someone quoted this article below from the Etsy help center that helped me.
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000337047-How-to-Update-Your-Taxpayer-Information?segment...

It states that if you are organized legally in the US (not a sole proprietorship) you may need to enter your business name in the legal name field.
Your business name is shown on form 147c from the IRS after you registered for EIN.

I made this change yesterday as well as capitalizing the letters of all fields and I was un-paused immediately.

Let me know if this helps.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
21 Likes
33 Replies
Kashuen
Post Crafter

Re: This may help if your shop was put on pause due to tax info verification

Thank you for the information. We are Incorporated business in USA. I clicked edit the Taxpayer ID information and it will not allow me to edit anything after they put my shop on vacation. Do you have any tips to resolve it? 

1 Like

I cannot edit mine either.  It refuses my federal tax ID.  It takes my social security number, but freeze is still on.  There also is no SAVE button in my EDIT area....So don't know how we are supposed to save and editing.

1 Like
ASmileBuiltIn
Inspiration Seeker

Oh my heavens, THANK YOU!!!  I've been all over the place trying to solve this.  It just happened today.  I am SO grateful you posted this.  Just did what you suggested and I'm BACK!! And you're right - it was instant!! Much appreciated!  Have a spectacular weekend!  ~Betsy

0 Likes

How come mine won't allow me to do that?  Did you have a save button in the edit area when you did what she said?

0 Likes

THANK YOU!! I referred to my EIN letter and ensured it matched exactly and immediately was unpaused.  I had to remove the punctuation and I capitalized everything as well. 

0 Likes
susyjewelry
Inspiration Seeker

I entered everything as I should and still was put on vacation mode. They requested my charter number which I replied to immediately and still no resolution...Im still on vacation mode and losing hope. I wish I could get a hold of a PERSON to help me resolve the issue but its like they have machines running the business. So frustrated!!!!

2 Likes

Same here. Did you get a resolution ?

0 Likes
FrameTowne
Conversation Maker

Just one addendum to that, when I changed to LLC last year I entered my business name exactly as written on the 147C from IRS and it worked for a while, then quit again.  What finally worked was when I called the IRS and had them read to me what they had on their end as my exact business name, it was different than what was on the 147C.   Yes, different than the actual paperwork they sent me with the EIN number assignment.  Just in case, this might be helpful information as well to someone out there.  

4 Likes
merakihomedesign
Inspiration Seeker

My shop has been frozen for a tax number for 4 hrs.  After  an hour of typing the exact same number, it accepted it. I got a message saying they will verify within an hour and I  have received  no notice  and my shop is dark.

And no one to contact.  No live chat. 

Their slogan makes me sick. They are manipulating and unfair. They are pretending they are not Amazon.

At least Jeff Bezos laughs and says its all about the money. 

They put fake woke slogans about,' using recycled energy.'  Id rather have you just do that and pay someone to pick up the phone.

9 Likes

I could not agree more! 

0 Likes

Yes, they are a ginormous corporation, but giant corporations usually have ACTUAL customer service. Mine is still frozen after purr7ng in my SSN, checking everything a hundred times. Got the same " we have verified your tax ID you can start selling again" BS and still frozen,  not to mention a large sale that one minute ut says it was paid and the next says not paid yet. My bank shows it deposited so I'm gonna have to trust that and hope etsy doesn't somehow stop payment. I was just able to post a new item,  weirdly, but ALL of my other current/active items are no longer up. Do I seriously have to RE-list ALL of my items? Ever since etsy was bought by Ebay's CEO,  everything went downhill.  8.5 % is a pretty big profit for a company that doesn't care about the very people who make them money, not to mention the endless crap from China that's NOT vintage and NOT hand made. ugh. I really need help here, seeing as how we are all left with only us to help each other  

2 Likes

Same here. A member since 2015. Not fleeing the country Etsy. Can't afford to go to the store these days. Sales on Etsy for me have declined tremendously in the last 3 months after I had to remove free shipping on every item. But ultimately had to agree to over $35 free shipping because I had no sales for 2 weeks. Offering free shipping didn't make me rich here either. I'm trying very hard to just operate above water while Etsy spends their time judging me on a ranking scale and bullying me by shutting my store down so they can get information they should have already had on file to be a Seller. In other words, loyalty or reputation doesn't seem to factor into the Etsy action plan of dominance and control. They have not the time to get to know their sellers on a more respectful level. 

2 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

but but but  ... it says right at the bottom of my Etsy home page

Peace of mind

Your privacy is the highest priority of our dedicated team. And if you ever need assistance, we are always ready to step in for support.

1 Like

It did not work for me.  I used the NOT sole prop this time and I got a red line saying that if I try again my account will be locked.  I guess that I have already tried too many times to fix thie and apparently it is unfixable in my case.  I don't know how I will ever get this fixed.  They don't answer us at all. I called IRS - they gave me my information and I put it in there.  Etsy says its wrong?

1 Like

Didn't work for me either.  Etsy doesn't care that during a pandemic, while many of us are hanging by a thread, need actual support and care and respect. 

1 Like
LibertyIronworks
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for your post. I had entered my legal name followed with “,LLC” because that is what we are. After reading your post I checked my EIN paper work and the Feds have me without the LLC and my name in all caps. So I changed the legal name field to all caps and no LLC and they opened the shop back up.  

To shut a business down because of a mis typed something, and not tell what item caused the whole entry to not be verified and give you only two guesses to try to figure out just why they have shut you down is like some sick psychological sadistic game.  It is times like this that I consider leaving Etsy.

4 Likes

Agreed!!!!

0 Likes
Beholdanewthing
Inspiration Seeker

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO!!

0 Likes

After 6 years of operating on Etsy they pause my shop because they don't have my tax info? This is just another reason why selling on Etsy has become such a nightmare. This is ETSY'S fault! Not mine! And to continue to PAUSE my shop after receiving the same tax info as 6 years ago? Get it together Etsy. There are other ways to handle requests than to remove an individuals only source of income. This is just another example of how little Etsy cares for their sellers. They operate like control freaks, their way or the highway. 

6 Likes

Didnt work for me.  Still days my ID verified, you can continue selling.  Thing is, all my listings are gone . I was able to add one listing but can't figure out how to get my plethora of other listings back. Please God, don't make me re-list everything! That works take months! What do I do? Would uninstalling the app and reinstalling work? I'm kind of afraid to do that for fear my whole account will disappear. 

0 Likes
RegulCo
Inspiration Seeker

Try this:  edit your name typing in your shop legal tax info from regular to all CAPS letters and submit it. It helped me immediately. All my frozen listings were activated right away!

I saw a post about the same situation but they suggested opposite way, they had all CAPS and re-typed it the regular way.

Hope it help!

1 Like
ThePassagetjh
Inspiration Seeker

It Worked!!!  Thank you so much

0 Likes
ProofCulture
Inspiration Seeker

life saver! My shop has been on pause with two 8 day old tickets with etsy support...it's disappointing how difficult it is to get in touch with someone at etsy

0 Likes

How do you know if you account is on pause? I know I went from 42 sales a week to zero, getting reviews ect. But, I need to know, just to make sure that is not the issue in my case.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.